It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
We’re having another cold snap—but I hope it’s the last one! We enjoyed a much-needed quiet week. Here are some of the best parts of it:
1. A day with no agenda. After a couple of busy weeks, it was nice to have a Saturday with nothing on the schedule and nothing that had to be done that day. I slept until 7 for the first time in I don’t know when (though it’s a little sad to think of 7 as “sleeping in!”) I enjoyed a leisurely start to the morning and caught up with computer stuff. I don’t even remember what else I did, but it was a pleasant day! And we ended up with Wendy’s take-out for dinner, so I didn’t even have to cook.
2. Pretty gifts. My daughter-in-law’s mom brought me these when they came to visit for Timothy’s birthday. We had them here for dinner their last night here on Friday.
3. Roasted vegetables. I tried roasting squash and zucchini before, but it was hard not to get them too mushy. I tried roasted broccoli in the oven last Friday and then in the air fryer this week. Then I tried roasted cauliflower Wednesday night. I made extra to try loaded cauliflower—because isn’t that the American way, to take something healthy and load it with cheese and bacon. 🙂 We enjoyed all of them.
4. Air fryer pork chops.I hadn’t done much with my air fryer since I’ve had it because the basket is small, and doing several batches of something for the whole family took longer than other methods (while the first batch got cold). But I figured I might use it more often now that just two of us are here. I tried these Air Fryer Pork Chops. They were so good! I usually just use seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder, and minced onions for pork chops and love them that way, but it’s nice to have al alternate recipe.
5. A surplus. My husband had solar panels put on the roof a few years ago, and the energy they generate is subtracted from our electric bill. Sometimes enough has been generated that we get a check back—two whole cents this month! 🙂 I’ll take that over owing any day!
What’s one highlight from your week?
Hi Barbara! You had a good week. I love those sweet gifts from your daughter-in-law’s mom. So great to get “a little extra” from your solar panels. Certainly better than paying. Glad you like your Air Fryer. I am thinking I might be getting one of those. Enjoy your weekend.
Having a couple of conversations where I knew that I was truly heard.
What a good week for you — love all those things actually 🙂 This past week, I was happy to get the news I *don’t* have to start taking a prescription I was hoping to avoid. Have a nice weekend!
I had to laught at considering 7 am to be sleeping in. Not my idea of sleeping in but always nice to have a day where you can do as you please without feeling guilty. I was tempted by the idea of solar panels but I think it would take us a long time to cover the installation costs from any savings made. Have a good weekend.
great list of faves and oh how i love those little gifts from your son’s mother in law! LOVE those pans!
I make roasted veggies all the time in the oven….so super easy…just drizzle with olive oil and shake some parmesan cheese or spices like basil, oregano, cracked black pepper and garlic! Easy to make and if you cook on high heat and only 30 min then they don’t get all mushy.
I don’t fry foods so I probably won’t ever buy an air fryer.
I was craving Wendy’s though for lunch after our 2nd dose of Covid vaccine last Sat and so we bought the grilled chicken sandwich and shared a small fries and I figured out that the last time i ate their fast food was in 2008 when Claire (now 22) was 9 and it was on her way to a ballet class so we stopped there for a super quick (and unhealthy!) dinner…but boy on Sat that grilled chicken sandwich and fries sure tasted good!! 🙂 Getting it once in awhile is fun isn’t it??
I hope you have another relaxing weekend!
I love that you had a day with no agenda……those are truly precious!
I love Saturdays where there is nothing to do and the day can just unfold. Unfortunately that is not my weekend this week. LOL. But hopefully next week! What lovely gifts from Mittu’s mom. I have an air fry attachment for instant pot but it definitely would just fit enough for 2 of us. I’ve only ever tried it for carmelizing bbq sauce on ribs and pork chops that were done in the instant pot. I’ll have to experiment with actually cooking something using it.
Two cents is two cents. You’re in the black!
Love bowls from your dil’s mom are so cute!
We have had freezing nights and snow this past week, too. Yes, hoping this is the last of it. Here’s to real spring!!
Solar panels are a really good invention and can safe a lot of money. I have decided a few years ago that now I am retired I won’t cook anymore. For the two of us it’s not worthwhile and we have such a good choice of excellent menus ! It would be more expensive to prepare it myself. Of course when we are more then two it’s different, usually we go out then.