It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been another good week. Here are some of the best parts:
1. Family dinner and games. With my youngest moved out now, sometimes it takes a little coordination to get everyone together. He asked to come over for dinner and a haircut (his dad has cut his hair all his life). We asked Jason and Mittu if they were available to come, too. We had spaghetti and flourless applesauce cake and played Jackbox games. Fun!
2. Monthly Ladies Bible study. We met in person, but seated at a distance from each other. Thankfully the place where we meet has a conference room that works nicely for this.
3. Retirement home ministry. Our church has just started a retirement home ministry one Sunday afternoon a month. Last month was the first one, and we chatted with a sweet lady from Germany named Esla. We hoped to see her again this time. But when we got there, only a few people were gathered. One of them said the folks at the home hadn’t announced that we’d be there. But as we got started, a few more people trickled in—and Esla was one of them. So we got to talk for a good while afterward. And as we left, she called to us from her balcony to say goodbye.
4. Hot dogs and s’mores at my son and daughter-in-law’s house. Jason and Mittu invited us over Sunday evening. They are blessed with both a deck upstairs and a patio downstairs under the deck. So we had hot dogs on the deck and roasted marshmallows for s’mores on the patio.
5. The Picture This app. My oldest son had told me about this once when he was here and I wondered what a certain flower in an arrangement was. Then, at Jason and Mittu’s, we used it to identify some of the trees and plants in their new back yard. It was helpful not just for identifying, but we found that one plant that seemed not to be doing anything was a plant that didn’t tolerate the heat we get here in TN. That helped them in the decision about whether to keep it.
Bonus: An unexpected opportunity. I mentioned this in my end-of-month post yesterday, but I know some of you are only here for the FFF post. So I wanted to mention here, as well, that I was asked to do a radio interview about my Faithful in Obscurity blog post. It’s set for Wednesday morning at 8:10 a.m. EDT. On Tuesday I’ll post a link to the radio program’s site. It has a “Listen Live” button if you’re interested. It also has some recordings of previous programs, but I don’t know if my segment will be recorded since it’s just a small portion of their program. I am excited but also nervous as I have not done anything like this before. I’d appreciate your prayers!
I hope you have a great weekend. Here in the US we have a long weekend to celebrate Memorial Day. I am so thankful for those who gave their lives for our freedom.
OH how fun to be invited to speak on the radio! that’s wonderful! I’m sure it will be a blessing to someone and I’m sure all will go well for you.
YAY for s’mores and board games and family time.
I love that you mentioned the Picture This app because i was JUST looking into that app yesterday afternoon! I don’t have it yet but i found one called Peakbagger than I acquired as it shows which mountains are what when I’m on a hike. Unfortunately,my hike for today is cancelled as it is very chilly here and cloudy with a threat of a thunderstorm later! Oh well…I’ll use it soon I’m sure!
Have a wonderfully relaxing Memorial Day weekend…I’m assuming you are in your RV this weekend somewhere peaceful.
Good for you doing that interview. I will be in school at that time, so won’t be able to listen. 😦 Sounds like you had a good week. Enjoy the long weekend. See you again soon.
We love Jackbox! I have a similar app that identifies plants. It’s nice to have on my bird walks, I’m learning a lot about wild flowers and plants. Thank you for sharing the link for your radio post. I admire you for taking the challenge and doing the show!
Oh congratulations on getting that spot on the radio program! I will check out your blog post about it.
Isn’t it fun having some of your kids close so you can do those spur of the moment fun times? that is one thing I am appreciating about our move.
Happy weekend to you!
I went over and read that post. Excellent and timely advice. Thanks for writing that.
Congratulations on the radio spot. I hope it goes well. Hope you’ve had a good long weekend with the family.
How exciting about the radio spot. Praying for you. So nice that you were able to gather family. Alberta is starting to open again so hopefully I can have all my kids here together soon! I am going to look up that app.