It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
The days go by so quickly, we often forget what happened even a day before. That’s one reason I love the Friday’s Fave Five. I appreciate this pause in the week to ponder and remember the good things God has allowed, lest we not only forget them, but forget to thank Him.
1. A good performance review for my youngest son. Mamas always like to hear good things about their children, no matter what age. 🙂 But this was especially gratifying since a previous review didn’t point out anything being done wrong, but mentioned “not stepping up” without really defining what was meant. Apparently that has been rectified now. They told him he was one of their top performers.
2. Jason’s birthday. A fun time to gather as a family (online with our oldest) and celebrate our middle son. Mittu made a wonderful S’mores cake.
I didn’t realize Timothy was partly in the picture—didn’t mean to cut him off! I think Mittu took a better one with Jason and Timothy behind the cake, but I haven’t seen it yet.
3. Shared produce. A neighbor gave us some squash, zucchini, and bell peppers from her garden.
4. A successful new recipe. Several weeks ago, the store had “breakfast steaks” on sale. I am not sure what that designation means, except that the steak slices were very thin. We don’t often have steak, but I couldn’t pass them up at these prices. I put them in the freezer until this week. I used the aforementioned bell peppers to make this version of pepper steak. It was very good!
5. IT techs in the family. I’ve been having trouble with my computer going dark and then coming back on with a notice about “display driver AMD stopped responding but recovered.” It’s been happening so often, it’s hard to get anything done. A few times it didn’t come back on until we restarted the computer. My husband consulted with my oldest son, took the computer apart, blew the dust out, and tried a couple of other measures like replacing a cable. They think it might be the video card, so one is on order. I’m thankful I have people in the family to deal with things like that. I’m thankful, too, to have a laptop while I am waiting on the desktop. I don’t usually get along quite as well with my laptop, but we’re doing okay—maybe using it more has helped me get to know it better.
Thank you for your kind comments about my ear infection last week. I’ve been using antibiotic drops and am about 95% better. Hopefully by the time I am finished with them, the infection will be completely gone.
That’s about it for my week. How was yours?