It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a busy few days, and I was thinking of skipping FFF this week. But then several favorites came to mind.
1. A sweet gesture. When we get Chinese take-out, we look at the fortune cookie messages just for fun. When my husband opened his, he said, “Nope, too late. She’s already here,” and then laid this in front of me.
2. Easy meals. I keep a couple of frozen meals or Hamburger Helper on hand for days when dinnertime comes and I need something simple, quick, and easy. I forgot a couple of those things until I went to get something else out of the freezer, so it was a nice surprise and a relief for this week.
3. Ticking off a to-do list. I have rather a sizeable one today, but got the idea (thank you, Lord!) to race through several of the smaller things on the list first thing this morning. That makes me feel more optimistic about the rest of it.
4. Anticipation. And why all this busyness and to-do lists? My oldest son is coming for a visit! I know he won’t care if everything on my list gets done—he’s seen the house at it’s worst and has helped me clean it for company in the past. But you know how it is. Suddenly you want spring cleaning done as well as half a dozen projects that have been sitting on the back burner. Still, I know it’s better to leave some things undone than to be frenzied or exhausted when he gets here. I have my list divided into musts and hope-tos. And it wouldn’t be a disaster if even some of the musts aren’t done, especially since I did the bathrooms yesterday. 🙂
5. One project done. I had a couple of Scripture verses I wanted to incorporate into the guest room decorating. I’m working on a beachy/coastal theme in there. I found several ideas on Pinterest and Etsy and even got a couple of inexpensive printable downloads on Etsy. But they ended up looking green, when I preferred blue—and I don’t know how to adjust the coloring. So then I looked up free wave clip art and made my own. Even these are greener than I want, but they’ll do. (Sorry for the shadow.)
Now I just need to get them hung up.
Time to get back at it—hope you are having a good week!
Boy do I get those feelings when the pile seems mountainous. Your strategy to do the smaller things first is what I do for work emails — get the easy ones done so the list doesn’t look so daunting.
Your husband is a sweet one; I like his quick quip.
Hope your family visits will be sweet and satisfying even if it isn’t as long as you all would like.
Hope you got most of your things ticked off and enjoy the visit with your son.
It’s interesting you want a beach theme in your new guest room because I’m going to be decorating Courtney’s old bedroom (a soon to be guest room/office/yoga space) in an ocean theme. LOVE your Scriptures you chose.
YAY for chinese takeout and quick and simple meals. and yay for Hubby’s answer to the fortune cookie thingy.
ENJOY your time with your oldest son and I’m sure the house will be just fine!
I love the pictures. They are really great. I would love something like that in my home. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your visit with your son. See you again soon. 🙂
Love your husband’s response. He’s a keeper.
Those to-do lists! I HAVE to write them down or the chores don’t get done.
Enjoy your time with your son! So glad he can visit!
The ocean themed artwork is lovely and the verses you chose are so meaningful. Enjoyed reading your Friday faves!