It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This has been a fairly quiet week, but that’s a good thing. Here are some highlights:
1. Lunch with a friend. It had been a little while since we’d seen each other. It was good to chat in person.
2. Cracker Barrel is where we met—lunch with this friend is about the only time I get to go there! I love it, but none of the rest of the family cares for it.
3. A long weekend. Labor Day is an odd holiday in that it’s not really celebrated per se. But it’s nice that all the family has the day off, and we had grilled burgers with all the usual accompaniments.
4. The first hint of cooler weather. I thought it would be a few weeks yet before it would begin to feel like fall, but I am happy to be wrong on that count!
5. Zaxby’s Grilled Cobb Salad. Wednesday evening, just as I was about to start making dinner, my husband said he was thinking about a Zaxby’s salad. Yes, please! I think this is my favorite restaurant salad, and the only one that seems like a full meal to me.
What’s something good from your week?
I love Cobb Salad and Cracker Barrel and always better with friends.
How can anyone not like Cracker Barrel??? I think I’ve said that here before, lol. I love it too 🙂 We’re experiencing gorgeous weather here this week too. I love it!
Just that you had a quiet week is wonderful 🙂
#1 is definitely a fave. Being able to chat without typing delays or connection delays is a sweet simple blessing.
I looked up that Cobb salad — nice choice!
I have my favorite things to get at Cracker Barrel even though we don’t go there too often. Glad you got to spend time with your friend. A Zaxby’s salad counts as full meal for me too. I’ve never tried the Cobb.
I don’t like Cracker Barrel either!! Not enough plant-based/healthy options!! everything there is SOOOOOO meat heavy. But my husband loves it. 🙂 Glad you got to go since you like it and it must have been extra nice with a good friend!
YAY for cooler weather…i’m loving our northeast cooler evenings to sleep with the windows open and have a blanket on the bed.
I love Cobb salad but I don’t know the name of that place you mentioned.
I hope you have a relaxing weekend!
I can’t remember the last time I was in Cracker Barrel. Not much for me to eat there. BUT, I’m glad you enjoy it.
Quiet weeks are so nice and so are quiet holidays like Labor Day (should that be Labor-less Day?)
And I agree with you on cooler days coming.
Enjoy the weekend!
I love Cobb Salads! We have neither a Zaxby’s or a Cracker Barrel. Quiet long weekends are the best. It’s cooler in the mornings and evenings here but our days are still nice and warm. I love fall.