It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It feels like we had a short autumn and dived right into winter, with nights in the 30s and days in the 40s. But I’m hoping fall isn’t done yet.
Here are some favorites from this week:
1. Family costume party. My son and daughter-in-law used to take my grandson trick-or-treating in public places like the zoo or mall. But then Covid came, and this year and last we got together as a family and dressed up in costumes. Here’s this year’s array:
We have Captain America, a cute fox, a mini Darth Vader, a pirate, a . . . he was going for a Mandalorian storm trooper, and Cyclops.
Pirates had grandmas, too, right? 🙂 I gave Timothy my pirate accoutrements after we got done.
2. Tilapia. I’ve only had it twice, and my daughter-in-law made it both times. Good stuff.
3. Fall color has finally come in the neighborhood trees. So pretty.
4. Light kitchen duty. Jim had a company dinner to go to one night and was out of town for two evenings. I made frozen pizza the first night he was away, got take-out Mexican food the second night, and Jason and Mittu brought hamburger pie over the third. Now that I think about it, I didn’t make dinners over the weekend, either: we had the tilapia with the family one night and got fast food Friday night and Sunday lunch. So I probably better come up with something good for dinner tonight, huh? On a side note, it’s amazing how many dishes get dirty even without making dinner and with using paper plates.
5. A party at Grandma’s house. Mittu texted me a conversation with Timothy. She mentioned that Granddad was on a work trip. Timothy said, “So we’re having a party at their house tonight?” Mittu commented, “Glad we have a child that thinks visiting Grandma by herself is a party.” Me, too.
Happy Friday? What’s something good from your week?
I love your family Halloween dress-up party. So much fun! Glad you had some light kitchen duty and got take-out this week. It’s always nice to have a night or two off. The Talapia looks delicious. I love all the pictures this week. Hope you have a great weekend!
You are such a cute pirate! I love tilapia as well. Something good this week … I had more “free time” than normal. I always like weeks with few “extras” written into the calendar.
Oh you make a great pirate!! love all the costumes! I’m not really a Marvel fan but i DID go see Captain America (handsome actor!!) with my husband a couple years before Covid. It was pretty good but I honestly can’t get into all those Marvel movies. hubby just loves em!
Yay for nights off from cooking. I don’t typically cook on Friday evenings. I figure as a full time working woman (outside the home I mean) I deserve an evening off. I’m WIPED OUT by friday nights. I either order take out, we go out or i heat up leftovers or make something super simple like a salad or sandwich. tonight my youngest (she’s pure vegan) and I are trying a new vegan place in Albany. Dave has a church dinner he has to go to for Production team members.
I love what Timothy said about a party at Grandma’s!! PRICELESS!
Enjoy the weekend.
Well, Barbara, you not only have a new pen name but also a new author photograph!
Just too fun to have the family celebrate together. You are so cute!
My goodness how much fun that dress-up family part looks! Such joy!
I love seeing family Halloween parties! It’s just the two of us, so it’s been a while since we’ve dressed up. Your pirate costume is so fun!
It’s always so nice to get a break from cooking. That was a nice, long stretch for you.
How fun that Timothy thinks you’re a party! You rock as a grandma:)
What a cute response from Timothy…er Darth Vadar.
I highly agree with low cooking weeks! And yes, how does the kitchen get so dirty so quickly?
Enjoy your weekend, Grandma Pirate!
Those are such cute costumes! My husband works a few nights a week so I almost always get take out.
You all look so funny in your costumes ! It’s so nice to be able to attend a festival or shows etc again ! Unfortunately here are more and more infections again, but I think we have to live a normal life otherwise we will all get crazy !
Very cute, each of you.
I certainly know what you mean about dishes and meals brought in — but it is nice not to have to figure out ingredients and cook times. Glad you had a light meal prep week!
Awww, love the comment from Timothy. That is so cute. You make a cute pirate, Grandma! LOL. Fun that you all celebrated as a family. Nice that you had a low cooking week. We eat tilapia regularly here. We really like it.