It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Wow, this week has just flown by–maybe because it has been a busy one. Here are some of the best parts:
1. A Christmas concert. A local business sponsors a family-oriented Christmas concert at a nearby college every year. My husband has wanted us to attend for years, but somehow it never worked out before. This year we all got to go. I was afraid Timothy might be bored, but he said he enjoyed it. Then we all went out to a restaurant afterward for a bite to eat.
2. An uneventful cardiologist visit. I almost could have phoned it in, except that they do an EKG and listen to my heart at every visit. And we scaled back to appointments every six months instead of three.
3. Christmas music. I have an extensive collection on my phone, plus BBN Radio plays only Christmas music this month until after Christmas day.
4. Christmas lights are probably my favorite part of Christmas traditions, maybe second to or tied with music.I always miss them when we take them down afterward.
5. A surprise birthday party. Our pastor turned 50, and somehow the church was able to pull off a surprise birthday party for him after last Sunday morning’s service. Some were pretty creative with their commemorations and gag gifts.
Bonus: Crossing things off the ol’ to-do list. Christmas isn’t just about getting things done . . . yet there are more things to get done this month that most. I’m trying to get as much done as possible before my oldest son comes to visit. Besides some technical problems with the printer and the need to wait for new cartridges before printing off our Christmas newsletter, everything is coming along pretty well.
I hope you are having a lovely December!