Yikes! I fell asleep in my desk chair this morning and woke up very late. Thankfully, I had most of this post written yesterday.
It’s hard to believe we’re through the first week of May already. It’s time to stop and reflect on the good things of the week with Susanne and others at Living to Tell the Story.
1. Raises. Jesse, my youngest son, received some new responsibilities at his job, which included a nice raise. Then Jim told me last night that he had also gotten a raise.
2. Celebrations. We turned a family gathering into a celebration for Jesse. Mittu made his favorite meal (hamburger stroganoff) ad some gorgeous and delicious gluten-free lemon cupcakes.
3. Important paperwork. We got our wills, living wills, and powers of attorney all set and notarized this week–something that’s been on our to-do list for ages. It’s nice to have them done.
4. Planters planted. Just today (Thursday), I got my front and back planters planted. We’re supposed to have thunderstorms tonight, so I hope the plants don’t get pummeled. I not only love the flowers themselves, but both areas look neater with plants rather than the residue from last year. Update: we had rain and storms all night, and we’re supposed to have them all day as well. The flowers look okay but a little bedraggled. Unfortunately, I didn’t take a picture of them when I first planted them, and they’re too droopy for photos now. But, my roses are blooming!
5. Ceiling fans. The temperatures have not been high at night, and we have central AC anyway, but I have been waking up very hot. The ceiling fans help without my having to turn the AC down and freeze Jim out.
Happy Friday, and Happy Mother’s Day to the moms!
Happy Mother’s Day! Have a blessed weekend!
Wonderful list of faves. I love flowers…and those cupcakes look like flowers!! Praise God for work raises. That’s a true blessing. I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day, Barbara.
Those cup cakes look amazing. Good news about the raises and getting all that legal paperwork sorted. Must be a weight off your mind. Enjoy Mother’s Day.
I love the new flowers you planted. Our temperatures have been so up and down that I haven’t planted anything yet. Great news about raises! We did our wills and living trust a few years back. It is a big job and a good thing to have complete. Those gluten free cupcakes look soooo delicious. Have a great weekend and a Happy Mother’s Day.
Your productivity inspired me to get some things done!
Happy Mother’s Day to you!
Love your roses; I bet the other flowers will love the rain and perk up soon. Congrats on the raises — and WOW, those cupcakes!! Happy Mother’s Day!
Congratulations for Jesse and your husband on the raises! Yay!
Thanks again for the reminder for us to get our wills updated. We really need to do that.
Your roses look lovely. I am slowly getting my flowers and veggies in. Next up is planting carrots and snap peas. And flowers. Lots of flowers.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Congrats on getting those important papers done! Just had a family friend pass who had not prepared a will/trust and his widow is scrambling to gather everything.
Mittu certainly has a way with desserts. Those are beautiful cupcakes — lots to celebrate with family raises!
A sight for sore eyes: raindrops on roses. Hope you have a beautiful season with your garden in.
Mittu made those cupcakes? Wow, they are gorgeous! Maybe she needs to start a gluten free bakery! Congrats on both those raises! Good job on getting that paperwork done! I have some work to do in that area too and you’ve motivated me. Our plant out season doesn’t start till the May long weekend but I noticed some people already have some stuff out. Brave souls around here as we can still get some below freezing nights such as last week.