It’s time to slow down for a moment with Susanne and friends at Living to Tell the Story to think about the blessings of the week before their memory is gone forever. Please feel free to join in!
1. Outside time. I’m very much an indoorsy person. But last Friday night, Jason and Mittu brought take-out barbecue over. Then we all sat on the patio and drew with sidewalk chalk, blew bubbles, and threw Pop-its on the concrete. It was before this week’s heat wave set in, and the sun was on the other side of the house. It was a pleasant evening.
2. Peace and security. There have been some shake-ups behind the scenes here which I can’t discuss just yet. But whatever else happens in life, we know God loves us and will take care of us.
3. Anticipation. We learned for sure this week that my step-father, nephew, and two of my sisters will be coming to visit us this fall. I can hardly wait.
4. Mini candies. I don’t usually make desserts much any more unless it’s a special occasion or we’re having someone over. With just two of us here, we don’t need extra sugar. But we keep Hershey’s miniatures and Reese’s mini peanut butter cups in the pantry when we want a little sweetness.
5. Flowers. My flowers are all doing well, thanks to my husband’s diligent watering. But my petunias, in particular, are flourishing more than they ever have before.
Bonus: Fathers. I am thankful for the fathers, father-figures, and grandfathers in my life and for the fathers my husband and son are. Happy Father’s Day to the dads out there!