Time just keeps ticking away. Funny how it always does so at the same rate, but feels fast or slow. I’m thankful Susanne at Living to Tell the Story started this tradition of pausing for just a bit on Fridays to think through the blessings of the last week. If we don’t deliberately look for them, we too often miss or forget them.
Here are a few of my favorite moments of the last week.
1. The radio interview I mentioned last week went well despite scaring me by starting off with some technical glitches. Thankfully everything suddenly started working right (thank you, Lord!), and the interview was able to continue. Here’s a link to the interview, recorded by my oldest son.
2. A visit. Mittu texted one night that Timothy said he “really needed to see Gran and Grams,” so they asked of they could come over and bring chicken fried rice and banana bread. Well, of course! The banana bread was more like banana cake, with chocolate chips and a glaze on top. So good! Then another night they brought some gourmet popcorn and flavoring.
3. Indulgences. Jim has been very nice to acquiesce to my requests for takeout when I’ve been busy, tired, or very hot.
4. Sweet gestures. When Jim came in from the yard one day, he brought one of these little flowers because the darker pink looked like a heart, and I like heart-shaped things. I put it on my desk these week, and have enjoyed marveling at how detailed it is.
5. Relief. I’ve had some kind of weird off and on headache this week. At first I thought it felt like a sinus infection, but it hasn’t been behaving like one. It’s lessening a little each day, but still fades in and out a little.
How about you? Have you had highlights in your week?