It’s been a good week, but a busy one between an online conference last weekend and getting ready for my oldest son’s visit this weekend and his birthday a little later. I’m thankful to pause a moment with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and friends to note the blessings of the week.
1. The Enrich Conference for writers, speakers, and teachers hosted by the Kauffmans of Lighthouse Bible Studies and Refresh Bible Study Magazine. It was totally free (except the in-person attendees had hotel and food expenses)—the Kauffmans just did this as a ministry. The sessions were all so good.
2. Takeout dinners. The one problem with attending a conference online is that you still have home responsibilities to take care of between sessions. My dear husband graciously got dinners out for us so I could rest a bit between afternoon and evening sessions.
3. Jason and Mittu’s 13th anniversary. It’s been fun to have memories of their wedding week popping up on Facebook. Then and now:
4. A boys’ camping trip. Jim, Jason, and Timothy camped overnight at a place that was not exactly a “glamping” site, but was more than a sleeping bag on a tent floor. They had a good time.
5. A pretty view. Our crepe myrtle must have just grown out enough to be seen from my sewing room window—I don’t remember seeing its blooms there before this year. I enjoy the view not only when I am in the room, but when I walk by it as well.
What’s something good from your week?
Your crepe myrtle is so pretty! I would love being able to see it well from that window. It’s been a good week here; finishing up our UT trip and having a trip home with no canceled flights 🙂
The hospital I worked at in Florida had rows of crepe myrtles – purple ones and I loved when they bloomed. Happy Anniversary to Jason and Mittu! I’m glad that your eldest son is visiting this weekend. Such a cute sewing table and machine cover. I don’t have that for my machine and have to put it on the kitchen table when I want to use it. What fun for the guys to go camping! I hope you have a great weekend!
your sewing room curtain is so very pretty and i love seeing the blooms through that window!
Happy anniversary to your son and his beautiful wife.
How fun for Timothy to do that ‘camping” trip. That’s my kind of camping 🙂 and dinners from take out are ALWAYS a blessing around my house!
I love #2 above! How nice to be able to ease into a dinner together than rushing about to make something.
Nice to see the then-and-now photos of the happy couple. They are darling together.
That is one cool camping spot — the rockers and extended porch look comfy.
Happy anniversary to Jason and Mittu! So glad you could attend the Enrich Conference and that your husband got take-out so you could concentrate on and enjoy the messages! I love your Crepe Myrtle, and also that cute cover on your sewing machine! The camping trip that Jim, Jason and Timothy went on looks like a lot of fun. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!
Your son also lost his hair like Prince William and now it has become a beard. Your DIL became more beautiful with the years ! Toby was for a week in a summer camp where they did multiple activities. My son sent me a video, besides paint ball and swimming I didn’t understand anything !
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a crepe myrtle. Lovely to have that view out the window. 13 years already for Jason and Mittu! Wow! Happy Anniversary to them! The camping trip looks like fun for the guys.
Happy anniversary to Jason and a lovelMittu. Nice to have a view when sewing – I have a table for my machine but it’s against a wall. That’s my kind of camping! Enjoy your weekend.
Happy Anniversary to Jason and Mittu!
I love that not-glamping spot. It looks like a perfect combination for camping.
That conference sounds like it was great for you. Glad you were part of it.
Have a good week!