I enjoy this weekly tradition of stopping with Susanne and friends at Living to Tell the Story to remember and acknowledge the best parts of the week, to thank God for them and savor them just a little longer by sharing them.
This has been another very full and very good week.
1. My birthday. My family does a wonderful job making me feel special on my birthday. Their love and care took a bit of the sting out of this being a milestone birthday. We went out to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch, and Mittu made my favorite Texas Sheet Cake.
2. More family time. My oldest son was here for about ten days, and my husband was off for a week. The rest of the family was here more than usual, and we packed a lot of visiting, feasting, and game playing into our time together. Mittu made dinner a few times and Jesse had us over to his place for one dinner.
3. Fun outings. I’ll share more about these next week, but we had several outings together. One was a hot air balloon festival.
4. The family all together at church. Jason and Mittu and Jesse attend elsewhere, but while Jeremy was here, we all attended together on my birthday. That was a special blessing to my heart.
5. A made-for-me cup-holder. I like my cold drinks super-cold, so I often put them in the freezer for a bit. It’s even better if they get a little slushy. It’s never been a problem before, but last week my glass of orange juice tipped over and dripped down the side of the freezer, on every shelf below, and made a little puddle at the bottom. My husband has a little 3D printer and made this cup holder to keep spills from happening in there again.
I hope you’ve had a great week as well!
Love your fav’s. 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend!
One of the things I miss about having my grown children living close by is the spontaneous family gatherings. How nice that you all had so much time together.
The cup holder is so clever!
Well happy birthday! What a lot of fun things! That’s so creative that your husband made for you. And I agree that it feels so special having the whole family in church together. I should have appreciated it more when the kids were little! The balloons photo is beautiful.
How fun! Your own customized special super-cold spot. Sounds like you had a lot to enjoy on your birthday week, from family gatherings to family worship and good food (that someone else fixed!).
I love your drink holder in the freezer! I am amazed at 3D printing. I don’t quite understand it though. My son-in-law makes the coolest things with his. I’m always impressed. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Wow! It’s pretty cool to have a 3D printer! How nice that you all got to attend church together. I’ve always wanted to go to a hot air balloon festival. I have absolutely no desire to be in a hot air balloon. I’d just like to watch a bunch of them together.
Happy Happy Birthday to you! Your ten day long celebration sounds just perfect. I’m glad your oldest son was able to visit, too. That hot air balloon festival looks fun.
I hope you are having a great week.
Happy belated Birthday!! I love that you got to visit with your family. The hot air balloon festival sounds like a great time. Have a great week.
Visiting today from FFF
Happy belated birthday to you! Sounds like a wonderful family time. I love hot air balloon festivals and one of my bucket list items is to go the the huge international one Albuquerque has every year. Your hubby is very handy!