Susanne at Living to Tell the Story invites us to stop for a moment and appreciate the good things of the past week. It’s been a nice, quiet week here with lovely fall weather.
1. A reversible bedspread. I’ve had the same bedspread for a few years and have kept the same side up all this time. But on a whim, last time I changed sheets, I decided to turn the bedspread over to its other side. It’s like getting a whole new covering. 🙂
2. Drop Stop. There’s something about the angle of my car seats that makes my phone slide out of my pocket. Then the phone falls between the seat and console, and I usually have to get out of the car and dig around to get my phone back. I had seen Drop Stop advertised, which fits between the seat and console to keep things from sliding down there. I thought that sounded like a neat idea, but didn’t get it until I saw it on a Woot daily sale. When I saw it was just a stuffed tube of fabric, I thought, “Why didn’t I think of that? I could have made something like this.” But it’s made out of a fabric that fits with car upholstery and doesn’t look “homemade,” so I guess that’s something. 🙂
3. Central heating. I know I say this at least once a year—but it’s good to be thankful for the same thing more than once, right? 🙂 We turned our heat on for the first time this fall when the outdoor temperatures dropped into the 30s. It was so lovely to just push a button and not have to gather wood or take out ashes.
4. Fall decorations. I didn’t take pictures–the decorations are the same as in past years. 🙂 But I enjoy changing things up a bit with the seasons.
5. Pickup order working out. I was running errands, the last of which was picking up a grocery order from WalMart. Then I got a text that my order was delayed. I tried to call the store to see when they thought it might be ready, but the number wasn’t working. Then I tried their 800 general customer service number. Long story short, I was able to pick up the order while I was out instead of coming back home and having to go out again that evening or the next day, which was a big help.
How was your week?
Hi Barbara! Glad you had a good week with some positives going on. I may need to get one of those drop stop items. Looks like it would come in handy. It’s nice to have a warm house when the temperatures drop. I am glad you could get your grocery order taken care of without having to make a second trip to get it. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon.
This has been a great week here. Tomorrow, I’ll be participating in an event at Magnolia Plantation. 🙂 Good weather and lots of fun. Have a blessed weekend!
I can relate with the bedspread! We had had the same one FOREVER. A few years ago, I found a new one at a good price and was amazed at how it spruced up the whole room. Glad you turned yours over 😉 My week was good although busy; returning from a 1-week trip.
It sounds like an all around good week! So fun about the bedspread:) A whole new look!
I had the same struggle with my phone, and the item you described is great. It saves me from digging around for lots of dropped items.
Have a great weekend, Barbara.
Oh I have that same struggle at times with my phone as does my husband!! I will look into Drop Stop!
How fun to change up the decor for the different seasons…i also love that and am thankful I live where there are 4. We haven’t had to have the heat on yet but I’m also thankful for it.
in fact this weekend is supposed to reach 75 so tonight we are sleeping with the windows open.
Glad your grocery order worked out!
Hmmm, now you have me thinking about turning my spread over. I have never put that side up before.
I have to agree with you about central heating. I am so thankful for a warm home.
It is so nice to get all the errands done in one trip, isn’t it? I’m glad that worked out for you this week.
Have a good and restful weekend!
That’s great that your Walmart order pickup worked out so well, Barbara. I don’t usually do fall decorations but my fall-loving sister was visiting this week and she created a nice display for my porch (it includes several hedge apples she found in my yard). 😊
We have a reversible bedspread too. For years, I change it to the printed side on the first day of autumn, and back to the lighter side on the first day of spring. 🙂 I hope you enjoy your “new” side too. I’ve never heard of Drop Stop, but I often lose my phone in between the seats too, so I’ll go look that up right now.
We are only so glad that we haven’t had to run the air conditioning for a few days. Can’t imagine turning on the heat for at least another few weeks (but then we are only dropping down to the low 60s at night).
How nice to get a new look without having to buy something new 😉
It’s great when errands all align isn’t it? I had the opposite this weekend, but such is life.
Sounds like you had a good week. I love doing Walmart pick up.
Spunds like it was a good week especially not having to run errands twice. We’ve put our heating on too but it’s not actually been on that much as it’s been milder this week.