It seems like April just got here, and now it’s half over. The days fly so fast, I am grateful for a weekly time to stop and think about favorite parts of the week before they fade out of memory. Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts us every Friday.
1. Easter, of course, has to be #1 this week, remembering Jesus’ death for us and the hope of the resurrection. I made an Easter playlist on my phone that I enjoyed listening to while getting ready in the morning. Church was really good. We had an Easter feast, then an egg hunt, then ate some delicious spice cake Mittu had made.
2. Family weekend. It’s not unusual for us to get together some time over the weekend. But last weekend, Jason and Mittu had us over for an impromptu dinner Friday, then came over here for hot dogs Saturday, as well as Easter festivities Sunday.
3. Dogwoods are blooming all over town. So pretty.
4. An Amazon gift card won at Susan’s place.
5. Time with Timothy. Jason and Mittu asked us to watch Timothy last night. They brought over dinner and some pretty pink tulips. After they left, we watched some dam videos Timothy wanted to show us (it’s amazing how much he knows about dams), played checkers, talked, and watched a few episode of Bluey.
How was your week? Hope it was a good one.
It sounds like you had a wonderful week full of family and special blessings. Time with your grandson is precious to you, I know.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Loved seeing your Easter table! Making an Easter playlist is a great idea; I’ll have to remember that. This has been a great week here too with pear trees, dogwoods, and daffodils blooming. Just love it!
Those are some pretty great family gatherings. Roomie and I were thinking we needed an Easter playlist, too. We usually wind up playing Handel’s Messiah while we prepare for guests.
Have you ever listened to The Majesty and the Glory of the Resurrection? It was a CD put together by Tom Fettke and Billy Ray Hearn several years ago. Beautiful. I think the tracks are all on YouTube. Another favorite is Risen! from the Wilds Christian Camp: https://wilds.org/store/product/risen-cd/.
It’s such a blessing to get together with Jason and Mittu and Timothy Mittu’s cake is beautiful. And your dinner spread was bountiful.
That’s great about the Amazon gift card. I love shopping at Amazon and always have wish list going.
The dogwoods are beautiful this year! I keep wanting to see the Dogwood Trail each year but haven’t.
Family time is the best and that cake looks delicious. Have a good weekend.
The Easter cake looks delicious. So glad that you had a nice Easter with lots of family time. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!
Love your Easter cake. I’ve noticed too how pretty the dogwoods are right now too. Congratulations on winning the Amazon gift card. When my in-laws ask what I want for birthdays or Christmas, I often suggest an Amazon gift card. 🙂 I know it’s super easy for them to buy, and it’s something I’ll definitely use!
Lovely post. I love the the Easter season…Resurrection, new birth, revitalization, , God’s Glory, and gorgeous dogwoods and azaleas. Enjoy your week! God bless you! Schotzy
All the time with your family is the best!
Evidently, my comment published before I finished writing it. Here’s the rest:
And extra time with Timothy is great too.
The dogwoods aren’t quite out here yet. We’re just a bit behind you.
Have a good week!
How fun to win an Amazon gift card. Your family time this week sounds wonderful. That cake looks really nice.