It’s the last Friday of April already. Time to pause with Susanne and friends at Living to Tell the Story to count our blessings.
1. Ribs. Jason and Mittu received a gift card to Honey-Baked Ham and got some ribs to share with the family. They brought over potatoes, vegetables, rolls, and peanut butter fudge, too!
2. Getting calls made and little things done. Some of these have been on my to-do list for too long. Two calls led to two appointments–so one item crossed off leads to another. But at least they are in the process of getting taken care of.
3. Customer service resolved. My husband had a question about billing and had to talk to three different people over a few days, probably adding up to a couple of hours of time. The first one told us wildly different things than the last two. But the final person seemed to know what was going on and could explain it satisfactorily.
4. Timothy wanting to show us his adventures. Timothy and his parents went to the aquarium in Chattanooga, and then he and his dad did some dam-building scenarios with sand and magnet blocks on their back patio. Jason put pictures from his phone up on the big screen via the Apple TV to show us. I loved hearing Timothy say, “Show them the one about. . . “
5. Cookie mix. I got a little package of peanut butter cookie mix, I think made by Betty Crocker, and added some chocolate and peanut butter chips to it. The mix only made a dozen cookies, which was good for just the two of us. It was nice to satisfy a hankering for a little something sweet without all the to-do of baking them from scratch.
Bonus: A picture that made me smile. Jim took this picture from the kitchen window of life imitating art–a bunny on the window sill and in the back yard.
How about you? Any blessings from your week?
Sounds like you had a good week filled with family and simple things that made you smile. It’s always good to get things done and find a customer service person who can help resolve a problem. Cute picture of the bunny in your backyard juxtaposed by the wooden bunny in the window. I hope you have a very nice weekend. See you again soon!
I love that you have your hummingbird feeder up. We have one in the front yard and the back yard. Hummingbirds are wonderful to watch! Have a blessed weekend! 🙂
They are! We haven’t seen one yet this year, but I hope they’ll come around soon.
I love your little slices of life. Ribs brings up a funny memory — when I was a child, my paternal grandparents loved a rib restaurant and the extended family would go there after weddings, funerals, etc. My sisters and I did not like ribs (just too messy and a pain to eat with the bones, etc) and the restaurant always made a big deal of telling us that they also offered ribs OFF THE BONE. Now, saying “off the bone” is still an inside joke for my cousins and me 🙂 And now I’m hungry for some peanut butter cookies!
Funny! My husband has memories of his dad bringing home ribs from somewhere in a lined bag, and they were so good. they didn’t get food “out” often, so it was a treat.
Sounds like a nice week – family time and getting things done. Love the picture of the bunnies! Enjoy the weekend.
I love ribs, but hubby can’t eat pork, so I only get them when we go out. Who is Mittu? That rabbit is cute! Have a nice weeend!
Mittu is my daughter-in-law, married to my middle son, Jason, and together they have my grandson, Timothy.
Ooh, I have friends who love Honey Baked Ham but don’t think they’ve tried their ribs. Sounds like a tasty meal.
Check, check, check. Roomie and I had a pile of calls and tasks to check off, too, and like your #2 and #3, they’re definitely faves. Love that Timothy has so much interesting engagement with his dad and grandpa.
What a great picture of a bunny inside and one outside. We see the occasional cottontail in our neighborhood, but have never seen one in our garden. We must not be growing any bunny fare.
A very nice list of things to be thankful for. The scenario with Timothy and his dad must have been fun.
the last photo is just so sweet!!
Praise the Lord you had the issue with your billing resolved and that you were able to bake something sweet to enjoy.
Not sure if this will transfer or not, but I’ll try. It will make you smile also. 🙂
That’s cute. 🙂
oh ribs!!! peanut butter fudge!!! time with family!!!
What fun you always have with Jason, Mittu and Timothy. The dinners together are always such a blessing.
Love the two bunnies in the same photo. I don’t have my hummingbird feeder up yet, just the regular bird feeder, but it is as busy as a Starbuck’s drive-through.
Have a good weekend!
Ribs yummy! One of my favorite foods. Now I’m craving some. You always have such great meals with the kids. Getting stuff crossed off the to do list is satisfying even if it does add an extra to do. At least there is progress. You reminded me I have cookie mix in the cupboard I should get to. But it’s been hot here, like middle of summer hot 84*F, so I’ll wait for a cooler week to bake them.