I mentioned in my Fall Into Reading Challenge post that I had been wanting to reread Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. What I failed to mention is that I have been wanting to read an unabridged version. I’ve read two different abridged versions, and I wanted to read the whole thing. I ordered it from Amazon.com and got it a few days ago. It is a thick book!
1,463 pages! So this will keep me busy for a long while.
If you prefer listening to books rather than reading them, Focus on the Family Radio Theater has an excellent version here. It has been a long time since I heard it, but as I recall it was very moving. There is a brief sound clip there.
There has been some really good reading around the blogosphere lately:
- Chats With an “Old Lady” writes about the stalker in her house — and ours.
- Dana at Are We There Yet? tells how she stopped yelling at her kids — good advice for overcoming any bad habit — or habitual sin.
- Jill Stanek asserts that Obama Lied in the third presidential debate about his stance on infants who survive abortion.
- Michelle at As4Me had a good series about banned books and censorship. A couple of posts in that series are More on Good Censorship and When Christian Children Should Read the Bad Books.
- Lizzie at A Dusty Frame had 55 Ways To Use Leftovers.
- I don’t remember where I saw this link, but if you, like me, have trouble decorating cakes, you might want to try these tips for stenciling them and some of these free patterns for cake and cupcake stencils.
Finally, Carolyn at Talk to Grams passed on to me this sweet award, which of which the originator says:
Many of you have touched my heart and life in ways that have changed me eternally! I thank you for being a faithful servant and being obedient to the upward calling every time you share a piece of His heart living out in you! I pray that you will share this award with others who have touched your heart by sowing seeds of love into your life! They will know we are His by how we love one another! Let us sow seeds of love throughout the blogging world and touch the hearts of those who come to read what we all share! To HIM be all the glory forever and ever! AMEN!
And Alice gave me the I Love Your Blog Award (a while back — forgive me for taking so long to acknowledge it!)
And also just today this Butterfly award:
Thank you so much, Alice and Carolyn!
Now here is my dilemma. Many people to whom I would love to pass these on just don’t “do” awards on their blogs. And so it ends up that I seem to pass awards on to the same people all the time, though that’s ok. And I am always afraid of leaving someone out or hurting feelings. So let’s just say if you read and comment here, please take the Faithful Servant award, because you are a blessing to me in that way. And I try to comment regularly, or at least occasionally, on the blogs I read, so if you have seen my comments on your blog, feel free to take the other two as well. I enjoy it or else I wouldn’t keep reading and commenting. 🙂
And the final finally: the dreaded root canal is tomorrow. I feel much better than I did a week ago — praise the Lord for antibiotics!! I am looking forward to getting it over with.
Have a good day!!