Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details, and you can visit Susanne to see the list of others’ favorites.
My favorite moments from this week:
1. Easter weekend and the Living Gallery performance that Jason was a part of.
2. Spring/Easter break! No alarm clocks! And Jim, Jeremy, and Jesse are beginning to paint the outside of the house.
3. Favorite funny moment of the week: Jim gets a car allowance through his work because he uses his car so much for his job, and he was really in need of a new car: his old one was starting to, as he said, not nickel and dime us to death but $100 and $200 us to death, and it was just becoming unreliable. He found a good deal on an Explorer, and it is a newer model than he usually buys, with a few bells and whistles, one of which is a hands-free phone set up: there is a place to plug in his cell phone, and he can give voice commands to dial a certain number, then the conversation comes in through the speakers. When he took his mom for a spin in it and demonstrated the phone system by calling the house, she said, “I feel like I’m in Star Trek!”
4. I received the “mother of the groom” dress I ordered (shown at the bottom of this post). I like it! It’s going to need a little bit of altering, but overall I am very pleased.
5. One of my favorite quotes of the week from Nancy Wilson at Femina the day after Easter:
But secondly, when the disciples heard and really believed that Christ was risen, the celebration didn’t end the next morning. We live in the light of the risen Christ. The good news continues to be good news from one morning to the next. So, even though I’m mopping up from the feasting, the rejoicing extends from one Sunday to the next, all year long.