My Poetry Friday post is below.
Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details, and you can visit Susanne to see the list of others’ favorites.
1. Our church’s annual ladies’ luncheon went very well. The Lord blessed in myriad ways. I enjoyed it…but it is a relief that it is over! 🙂
2. I’ve enjoyed listening to parts of a dramatic recording of the life of C. S. Lewis on a local radio station. I’ve been catching it mostly while in the car and forgetting about it when I am at home. Yesterday I heard the production information at the end and found it was a production of MoodyAudio.com, but I don’t see it listed under their Stories of Great Christians, though they have several others that look great. I’d love to find a recording of it to hear the whole thing.
3. My blog friend Lizzie at A Dusty Frame sent me a surprise package the other day! I had commented on a book she had reviewed, A Vote of Confidence by Robin Lee Hatcher, and she had my address from an order for a flower pin I had placed from her shop, so she sent it to me along with a lovely, almost too pretty to get messy dishcloth she knitted herself. I was so surprised and pleased! Thank you, Lizzie!
4. This Garfield comic strip. As Christian parents of boys, having tried to teach them that less physical contact before marriage is best, and having one getting married this summer, this struck us all funny.
5. My roses just started blooming this week!
I don’t know how they survive — I don’t do much with them besides occasionally cutting them back. But they sure brighten up the walk from the car to the house!
You can find more favorites from the week or link up to add your own at Susanne‘s.