A very long time ago, Alice gave me this Sisterhood award. Alice, forgive me for taking so long to acknowledge it!
She also gave me this Everyday Supplements Award even longer ago. 😳 This one has rules:
- Pass this award on to the blogs that are in your daily “must read” list.
- Name the blog/owners and tell us why the blog(s) is/are like your “everyday supplements”.
- The blogs that are awarded are automatically tagged to do the meme. So this keeps the circle going and hopefully, we will be able to introduce one another with some life-enriching reads.
- Optional: You can also include public blogs that are updated weekly/monthly but one(s) that you religiously follow during every update.
Alice said of me: Barbara is a godly woman and a blogger friend whom I respect. She is also an avid reader and is into crafts. Married to her husband for 26 years, she is an inspiration to me and I know that marriage does work when you partner with the right person. Being a “middle-aged” stay-at-home mom (as she calls herself), she keeps busy with various interesting projects. Her blog is indeed an everyday supplement to me.
Thanks so much, Alice! That’s very sweet.
I’m just going to refer you to my Blogroll for this one instead of copying the great majority of that here. There are many listed there, but the great majority don’t post everyday (if they did, I’d never be able to keep up with this many!!), and some are even inactive, but I keep them listed both for their content and so I’ll know when they start posting again. But each one has something worthwhile about it. I don’t keep up with my Blogroll quite as well as I do Google Reader, but I did just add and delete a few and repaired some links.
If you are a regular reader and commenter here, chances are I read you, too, so feel free to take the Everyday Supplement Award and name your Everyday Supplements as well.
Alice also tagged me with this Kreativ Blogger award which also comes with some rules:
This award deals with the values we deem important in others. Here are the six values that are important to me, six things I don’t support, and my nomination of six bloggers:
Six values that are important to me:
Six things I don’t support:
My nomination of six bloggers:
Thom gave me the 2009 Friendly Blogger Award. Thanks Thom!
Thom also gave me the Honest Scrapper award. It includes rules to tell ten random things about yourself.
I’ve done a 7 and an 8 random thing before…I’m not going to try to dig them up to make sure I don’t repeat myself (if I can’t remember what I said maybe you don’t either. 🙂 )
1. I am a sinner saved by grace.
2. I am the oldest of 6 children and a pretty classic firstborn child personality.
3. I once dated a mannequin. Well, not a real one. He was a real guy, but he worked as a fake mannequin. There was an article in the newspaper with a picture of people trying to get him to laugh while he was working.
4. I like pink, slate blue, and sage green.
5. I don’t like red, orange, most yellows, or peach, even though I have peach-colored roses. The label said pink when we bought them! Exceptions: I like these colors on fall leaves or in sunsets.
6. I don’t like weedy-looking salads. Somehow the more gourmet the salad, the more it looks like someone picked weeds for it out of their yard.
7. I like heart-shaped things.
8. Tap, tap, tap, tap…three more, eh? I have more books than bookshelves. Some shelves hold a double row.
9. I like a variety of music: sacred, classical, Irish and Scottish folk songs, many Broadway-type show tunes.
10.If something is out of place on the grocery store shelves, I don’t take it, even if it is the last one. If it is out of place someone has moved it or taken it and put it back, and I know 99.999% of the time that’s all it is — but for a while there “tampered” items in the stores were making big news, and now I just have this mental thing about the possibility. Weird, huh?
Whew! If you’re still reading this far, pat yourself on the back for being such a good blog friend!