Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details, and you can visit Susanne to see the list of others’ favorites.
1. Graduation weekend. Both the graduation ceremony and our celebratory dinner were highlights of the year!
2. Having my son’s fiancee back for a visit. She’s nice to have around. 🙂 It was fun just to have her here, but talking over wedding plans and such was a delight, too. And, I don’t know how to word this exactly, but I enjoyed seeing her and Jason’s relationship deepen and seeing them take “adult” steps like looking at places to live, etc. I’m seeing aspects of Jason I haven’t seen before. 🙂
3. Having my computer crash was NOT a fave thing, but having a son capable of handling it is. Plus with reinstalling everything I have newer updates, and getting rid of some old unused files streamlined everything. Thanks again, Jeremy!
4. Jesse’s piano recital Tuesday night and spring concert Thursday night. He did a great job!
5. Having the above major events and a few others throughout the spring OVER!! There is not much outside the home on the schedule next week besides the usual church services and shopping, and it feels so good!
Bonus: 6. New shoes! I’d been needing some new everyday shoes, but hadn’t had time to shop. My feet are hard to fit and it isn’t always easy to find something I like that works that isn’t too expensive, but one day when I was in W*Mart I whipped by the shoe section, and voila! Found some nice ones for $11.
I didn’t mention Mother’s Day because we decided to postpone our own celebration since last week was so busy with graduation and company. We did have cards and gifts for my mother-in-law and my son’s fiancee’s mother and hope they had a great day! And all my guys made their awesome traditional Mother’s Day dinner.
If you’d like to see others’ favorites or join in with your own, stop by Susanne‘s. I’ve been enjoying this weekly opportunity to stop and reflect on good things from the past week.
You inspired me to write 🙂 thanks
CONGRATULATIONS re the graduation
your future dil does look like a nice person
bless Jeremy glad he got it sorted
going to see if you posted a photo of your new shoes otherwise Id like to see them
have a nice weekend
So nice the graduation. I so enjoyed those. Glad Jesse did well at the piano recital. Busy week…Shoes…are we talking Imelda here? LOL just joking
graduation is coming up here soon as well. I am a bit nervous about how all will turn out but sure it will be great. So glad that you love your soon to be daughter in love allready that is a great sign of a happy family
Great list, Barbara. Looks like we had similar weeks, but I’m so glad our computer didn’t crash!
Shoes at Walmart are always a good buy. I miss those days.
You really have had a Beyond Busy spring! Your Ladies Luncheon, Graduation, recitals and concerts, upcoming WEDDING … that is a LOT! I’m so glad you get a little breather now! I bet it does feel good! But they were all such HAPPY occasions! That was good too!
I’m so with you on being glad there is nothing on the schedule for awhile. It seems every weekend there for a month there was something I had to be running to.
It’s so good having a resident computer know it all, and I mean that in the very best way possible. I don’t know what I would do without mine, who happens to be my hubby. I probably wouldn’t even have a computer. LOL.
Yes, I agree, we must see the shoes!
So, all your boys’ names start with J? Good choice! My whole family has either a first or middle name starting with J. It makes us feel special! 🙂
I’m so glad you’ve got a computer techie in your home – every home should have one!
Great post. It must be exciting for you to see your son taking that next step.
I enjoyed reading your list.
It is wonderful that your new daughter to be is such a delight to you. If you’re lucky, you’ll one day have three sons and three daughters. Not everyone is that lucky. I had a friend who had 7 sons, all married but one. Can you imagine? I remember the days before my sons wedding and the big day every time I read a mention of the upcoming event on your blog. He was so nervous and he cried as she walked down the aisle.
You’ve had a busy Spring. Be sure and take care of yourself in the midst of everything else.
I so enjoyed your list, Barbara. I wish I had a computer-crash-capable son … Maybe one day. 🙂
Congrats to the graduation! Nice that you like youe daughter in law to be, that always helps. Have a good wkend!
Great list! It sounds like you are having a great week. That’s a really nice picture of your son.
What a full week you’ve had — but a blessed week!
Thanks for sharing.
I love the way you celebrate your family — and it is so nice to hear a mother celebrating her child’s foray into adult hood, instead of wailing about the loss.
Hi! How are you?
I really, really need prayer.. do you think you could visit my blog and bring any other Sisters in Christ over too?
God bless you!
Jesse looks great in that photo. Love the list!