Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details, and you can visit Susanne to see the list of others’ favorites.
1. Some of the friends my middle son, Jason, had worked with at camp last summer were in town for a wedding. One stayed with us and the others were over one day playing the Wii Fit. I enjoyed meeting them!
2. Lunch at the Golden Corral. Sometimes for lunch we get take-out boxes, which they let you fill up from the buffet and then charge you by weight. We had plenty for lunch Thursday and Friday. I love their meat loaf, pot roast, and chocolate chess pie. I am so looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch!!
(My list seems to always include food items!)
3. The last day of school today!!!! I am going to miss my quiet hours at home, but I am going to love not having to set the alarm clock ad having a more laid-back pace.
4. My semi-annual closet changeover. I had gotten a few springy clothes down from the attic a few weeks ago, but it wasn’t until this week that I transferred the winter clothes up to the attic and the summer clothes down to the closet. It was almost like getting together with old friends. 🙂 I love the lighter look in my closet!
5. This quote I scribbled across a church bulletin and rediscovered when cleaning out my Bible. I neglected to put down who said it: I don’t remember if it was my pastor or a guest speaker:
Doubt puts circumstances between us and God. Faith puts God between us and circumstances.