Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details, and you can visit Susanne to see the list of others’ favorites or to join in.
I’ll have to admit…I think this is going to be one the hardest weeks to come up with five favorite things. Usually once I think about it I come up with more than five and I trust that will be the case this week.
This week contained one of those no-good-horrible-very bad days in which nearly everything I tried to do was interrupted or went wrong, plus not one but two incidents of our “sun room” being partially flooded due to heavy rains and the drain from our patio, which is below the rest of the ground level, not being able to keep up.
Time to turn toward the positive by finding five favorite things!
1. That the no-good-horrible-very bad day is OVER!!
2. For the invention of sump pumps and wet vacs,without which we might still be dipping water out, and Roto-rooter, who came and cleaned out the drain (though they said it had roots in it and was collapsing and inadequate…), and that nothing was damaged by the water.
3. Glorious sunshine yesterday and today!! And very little rain! We’d been having daily thunderstorms every afternoon or evening for about a week or more.
4. My oldest son, Jeremy, in anticipation of being out on his own at some point, has been learning how to cook and made two home-made from scratch pizzas for lunch Wednesday (that was one GOOD thing on that day! 🙂 ). He even made the dough for the crust from scratch. They were wonderful!! I don’t know if he took a picture of them, but this is one he made once before a few weeks ago.
5. This is an old picture, but I just made these Quick Peanut Butter Kiss cookies last night.
A little chocolate — especially when combined with peanut butter — is always a bright spot in the day.
Bonus: There were a couple of really funny things on the Web this week. One Jeremy showed me of a bird looking into a web cam — the web cam in a city was set to shoot one frame every minutes and happened to catch this bird right in the middle of the frame. Amazing shot! Then ivman, who always has funny and interesting things to share, had some great funny signs. I especially liked the one with the mosquito and the stop signs.