- You know how when you shake a snow globe, everything inside keeps swirling around for a while before it settles down? That’s how my brain feels after a busy week and a half or so. It felt so good yesterday to only have a couple of small errands. Then I thought I’d get tons of stuff done with all my “free time.” I got hardly anything done. I felt like I was in kind of a malaise all day. OK, I thought, I can give myself a day “off.” But I really need to get up and at ’em today. Not doing so well so far.
- We’re having a lot of sickness at Jesse’s school, including several cases of swine flu. Several of the teachers are out sick as well as almost half the third grade. They’re thinking about closing down for a few days to slow the spread of it and give people a chance to recuperate. The kids are all for it, of course. Though if we have to close because of bad weather a couple of times this winter as we often do, we’ll have to make those days up somewhere. And one mom pointed out that with the incubation period, anyone who has been exposed might show symptoms about the time they started back to school again, causing another round. But I guess it would help slow exposure to some degree. (Update: they did decide to cancel school for the rest of the week. I don’t mind not setting the alarm clock for the next few days!!)
- I haven’t even looked up the symptoms of swine flu. I’m one of those people too prone to feel like I have symptoms I am reading about. So if any of us gets sick, then I’ll look up and compare symptoms.
- I got a new purse and wallet a while back and just last night transferred all my stuff over. I am hoping I can find everything when I need it! The last purse was pretty bag-like, and it seemed anything I looked for was always on the bottom. This one has compartments, but sometimes that entails searching several different places before finding what I want. I don’t know which is worse.
- I don’t know how people function with little teeny purses.
- Isn’t this just rivetingly interesting? 🙂
- I have an appointment tomorrow for a mammogram (ugh!) and an x-ray on my knees. The knees are starting to give me trouble if I go up or down stairs much or have them bent much. The office called this morning and left a message on the answering machine to call them back about the appointment. I have several times but it just keeps ringing. What business doesn’t have voice mail these days?
- How can the thermostat show 72 when I am cold one time and when I am sweating another time? It does move around, so I know it is not stuck there. I know it probably has to do with humidity and air pressure and activity level and all of that. I’m not quite interested enough to go looking for an answer.
And that’s how my stray thoughts are swirling today. Any other thoughts are even less interesting except for a couple I am pondering for future posts.
Now…I must get up and operate like a productive citizen and family member. Though I do hear a piece of leftover pie calling my name….