Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s going to be hard this week to figure out which five things to draw from the last week as favorites, as nearly every aspect of Christmas would qualify. But I’ll do my best.
1. Christmas, of course. Though things were different this year, even a little disjointed, it was a lovely day. I wrote more about it here. The family time, love expressed, wonderful foods and smells — the whole month, really, has been a nice celebration of Christmas.
2. A new iPhone! I didn’t think I’d be getting one til later in the year, so I was very surprised! Love it.
3. A Tivo. I’ve wanted a DVR for years. So frustrating to tape things and then have to search which tape it’s on and where on the tape it is. This eliminates that, plus it’s really nice to pause a network show in play whenever you need to why you take care of other needs and then come back to it!
4. Days off. Jim was off all last week and this week, and Jesse is off until next Wednesday. The week before Christmas was pretty busy, but this week after has been like a whole week of Saturdays. We’ve had some time to rest and some time to get things done, but at a generally relaxed pace.
5. Hearing all the kids play games together again. One of the things I love about when we’re all together.
It’s been a great week! I hope yours has been as well.