Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
I didn’t think I’d do a FFF today. There have been a couple of rough patches this week (nothing I can share publicly), I’ve been pretty down, I didn’t want to pretend to be all bright and happy when I was not, and I honestly couldn’t come up with more than a couple of “faves” this morning. But throughout the day a few things came to mind:
1. More daylight. I know the days start getting longer after Dec. 21, but I usually can’t really tell it for several weeks. But this year somehow there is noticeably more daylight already, even though it has been overcast daylight. Even overcast daylight is better than darkness (I’m pondering multiple meanings of that….)
2. Nice temperatures. It has been pretty comfortable this week, feeling not at all like January. I hope we do get one good snow this year, but otherwise I am all for mild winters.
3. Letterpress, an iPhone word game I play with my oldest son.
4. Talking things over. You know how when you’re married sometimes your conversations are just about everyday things — it’s been nice to have some good talks this week.
5. Humor, especially my husband’s. He can lighten almost any situation.
Above all, I am glad that Jesus is “a friend who sticks closer than a brother” (Proverbs 18:24) and that He invites us to cast every care on Him.