It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It has been a rather bleak week outside, but a good one inside. Here are some highlights:
1. One bright, sunshiny day with blue skies in the midst of a grey, overcast week.
2. Hambone and Potato Soup. This was actually from a week or so ago, and I forgot to mention it. The only thing I had ever done with a hambone from our Christmas ham was put it into a pot of beans, but my family doesn’t like beans, so I usually throw it away. My husband encouraged me to look for another dish or soup that I could use it in, and I found this one. It used items I had on hand and was delicious. This may become an after-Christmas tradition like Turkey Bone Soup is after Thanksgiving.
3. Closet reorganization. We’re blessed with four closets near the front entry. One holds coats and jackets, and another has games. I spent the better part of a day with the other two to carve out some space for Timothy’s toys, which had been in a corner of the family room, but his collection was growing. I was able to fill one box from the closet to give away, three more to put in the attic, and consolidate everything else into one so we could use the other for Timothy. Not only does the family room look neater, but I was glad to get reacquainted with what I had in there and pulled out a few items for use around the house.
4. Feeling better after both Jim and I had colds he last couple of weeks. We thought his mom might be catching it from us, which would have been a more serious problem in her condition, but thankfully she just had sniffles for a few days.
5. Library time with Timothy. His parents took him to the library for the first time, and I was glad to hear he loved it, as that had been a favorite activity when my kids were little. He called it the book house. 🙂 Then I had to stop at the library one day to pick up a book I placed on hold, and remembered on my way that they had been planning to take Timothy that day to a kid’s reading session there. So after checking out my book, I wandered over to the children’s section, and they were still there. It’s such a joy to my heart when he is delighted to see me. I got to sit with them for a few minutes and read a few books with him and see him point out and talk about the big rug with the bunnies on it. ♥