It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
The first official week of fall has felt more like summer, but I’m trusting we’ll get back to those cool temperatures sooner or later. Here are some highlights of the last week.
1. A good visit with my daughter-in-law’s mother who was in town for a few days. We had them over for dinner one night and then all went to what we call “the little zoo” on Saturday and had a picnic lunch there.
2. Patient portals. Two of my doctors have these, where you can log in online and see lab results or notes from your last visit or send a message. I like being able to see the lab results, and I’d much rather write a message than say one over the phone.
3. A helpful nurse. One of my cardiologist’s nurses is just exceptionally easy to talk to, “gets” what I am saying, doesn’t brush me off like she’s in a hurry, listens and talks to me instead of sounding like she’s reading from a script, and explains things very well. I am always encouraged when I see her in the office or when she responds to a note in the Patient Portal.
4. Reese’s candy bars. My d-i-l brought me one this week. It is probably not a good thing for me that I know these are in the world now. 🙂 I found I like them much better than Reese’s cups, but for that very reason I need to avoid keeping them in the house. But it was good while it lasted!
5. The fall TV season. We don’t follow many TV shows, but I’ve enjoyed getting back into the ones we do watch with new episodes this week.
Bonus: My son and daughter-in-law came over and made dinner twice this week!