It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s the first Friday of the last month of the year! And here are some of the best parts of the last week:
1. Christmas decorating was especially fun this year with Timothy, age 3 1/2. He brought his toy saw to help us cut one down. 🙂
Then we went home to put the “ormanents” on and “so many colors” of lights. Throughout the morning he kept saying he was “having so much fun!”
Mittu made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for us. I’m so grateful the whole family helps with this – it would take days if I had to do it by myself, and would be a lot less fun.
It was fun discovering ornaments in unexpected places. Timothy had some new ideas about decorating!
Years ago the house where we lived had a hook in the ceiling, I think for a hanging lamp from a previous owner. One year one of the boys hung a snowflake ornament there, and that became a tradition. We don’t have such a hook in this house, so they improvised.
2. Dusting cloths. I use a Swiffer duster for most things, but some of them benefit more from a little more attention. I usually use the dust spray and an old tee shirt, but decided to try these. They worked great!
3. Non-Christmasy Christmas snacks. I don’t know how we got started having these around Christmas, usually shortly after putting up the tree. We could get them any time of year – but we only want them at Christmas.
Chocolate covered potato chips are new to me and surprisingly good, unfortunately. I say unfortunately because they are ridiculously expensive. But I guess that’s good, because it will deter me from getting them too often.
4. Turkey Bone Soup is a tradition a few days after Thanksgiving. Yum!
5. Celebrating my friend Melanie‘s birthday by going out to lunch.
Happy first day of December to you!