It’s Friday, time to count the blessings of the week
with Susanne and other friends at Living to Tell the Story.
During the busiest weeks, it’s still important to stop and count our blessings—maybe even more important then since they can so easily be forgotten in the rush of activities. But since we are busy, I’ll keep it short and sweet.
1. Christmas cards and newsletters. We get fewer every year, but I love sending and receiving them.
2. Christmas lights. They provide such cheer, I always hate to take them down after Christmas. I know we don’t know for sure exactly when Christ was born, but I love that we celebrate His birth in the darkest part of the year. That makes all the verses about light seem even more meaningful.
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shone (Isaiah 9:2).
My eyes have seen your salvation that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel” (Luke 2:30-32).
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12).
3. Packages arriving from all the online ordering. Fun! One even went to the wrong place, but the recipient graciously brought it to us.
4. Tylenol and Icy Hot spray. My back has been giving me a hard time this week.
5. Central heat. I know I say this every year. But it’s been cold this week, and I am so thankful all I have to do is push a button to turn the heat up.
I hope your Christmas preparations are going well, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!