It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here we are into our first week of March already and 1/6 of the way through 2020. On Fridays I like to pause and think through what I have to be thankful for, lest those blessings slip past me.
1. A Biltmore ornament. I’ve started collecting ornaments as souvenirs when we visit places. I had planned to look for one when we visited the Biltmore House and the Downton Abbey exhibit the week before, but we ended up not having time between visiting the house and the exhibit. My son and daughter-in-law stayed an extra day, and I texted them to ask if they could look for one. But it was too late. Unbeknownst to me, after they got home they looked online and ordered one for me and brought it this week. Not only was I glad to get the souvenir after all, I was touched that they would go to that effort to get it for me.
2. Two dinners. My daughter-in-law came over and made dinner not once, but twice this week! The first time, we watched Frozen 2 together as a family. I didn’t think it was as good as the first one, but it was a fun evening.
3. Light fixed. We have some under-cabinet lights that were attached by a Velcro-like fixture. But lately they’ve been falling off, so we had to put them aside. Last week my husband attached more permanently the one I depended on most.
4. A new iPad mini cover. My old one was a thicker cover that was starting to split along the spine. I found a new one in rose gold that’s the standard iPad cover.
5. Safety. You’ve probably heard about the tornado that hit TN. That was 3 hours to the west of us. I was so sorry to hear about the devastation there. Here, we just got severe thunderstorms through the night until our phones went off with a tornado warning around 4:30 a.m.
How was your week?