It’s Friday again! Time to pause with Susanne and friends to note the good things of the week, lest they slip by without notice. Here are some highlights of my week:
1. A meal I didn’t cook. I always appreciate when my daughter-in-law texts to see if they can come over and make dinner, but especially when I was just thinking I didn’t feel like cooking that night.
2. Taking care of plants. I don’t do that as often as I should. But our front planters have some ivy that likes to take over, and our roses badly needed deadheading and pruning. I kept planning to go out early before it got hot, but never made it. So one evening when Jim had to go somewhere after dinner, I did some work with the plants then. Plus I took a houseplant Jason and Mittu had given me and replanted it outside. It still had some green leaves, so hopefully it will do better out there than it did inside. Nice to get those things taken care of.
3. Root beer floats are my reward for getting hot and sweaty working outside. 🙂 We get these mini cans of root beer that are just the right amount for our glasses. And thankfully lactose-free ice cream is available now.
4. Air conditioning and ceiling fans. I don’t know how people survived 90+ degree temperatures and 80+% humidity without them.
5. A Zoom visit. I had not been able to get together with a friend that I sometimes go to lunch with since before the coronavirus started. We decided to have our own Zoom meeting. It was fun to catch up while seeing each other.
That’s my week. How was yours?