It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Winter is making itself felt in full force. But thankfully we’re staying warm and cozy inside. Here are a few favorites from the week.
1. Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. We had our traditional “meat hearts,” cheesy potatoes, and salad, and heart cupcakes and exchanged cards. Jim got me pink roses and Jason and Mittu brought us candy and flowers and coffee. A fun night!
2. Good tools. I make cards for the immediate family (I’ll share my Valentines in my end-of-month post). My little paper cutter has needed a new blade for ages, but I just kept forgetting about it. And then, I haven’t been in Hobby Lobby since the pandemic started. I just went last week and got a new blade plus a better glue stick than I had. They made such a difference!
3. Warmth and electricity. My step-father, two sisters, and a nephew live in TX, and they were all without power at different times during the winter storms there this week. Thursday I heard that they all had power back. I hope and pray it stays on.
4. Jesse’s apartment. My youngest found an apartment this week and is moving next month! He’s been looking forward to this for ages. We are excited for him! But it’s also hitting me that he really is moving out and our nest will be thoroughly empty then. We’ve had him home for longer than usual, though, so that’s been a blessing.
5. Jim shopping. Jim asked me what I wanted for Valentine’s Day, and I asked him if he’d go to the store. 😀 With the extra card-making and baking, it was a big help. Then, yesterday at lunch I was revising my grocery list, and he offered to go after dinner. ♥
Bonus: We’re scheduled to close on the sale of our rental house this afternoon! My husband is so excited not to have the responsibility of a second property any more.
That’s our week. How was yours?