It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here we are at the last FFF of February already! Let’s jump right in to this week’s highlights:
1. My daughter-in-law’s birthday. It’s always fun to celebrate her special day.
2. Lunch with my son and daughter-in-law. One of our gifts to my d-i-l would not fit in their car, so we brought it over Sunday afternoon in my youngest’s truck. Mittu invite us for a lunch of chili and cornbread, and we also brought over the leftover birthday cake: flourless applesauce cake. Good stuff.
3. Closing on our rental house. We were looking forward to this last Friday, and now the deed is officially done. What a relief. There were a lot of good memories the years my son and d-i-l and grandson lived there. But now they are making new memories in their new house.
4. A celebratory dinner. While we were out for the closing and then ran a couple of errands, my son and daughter-in-law dropped off at our house a dinner of Costco shepherd’s pie and rolls, roses, and a sweet card. That was totally unexpected, and I so appreciated their thoughtfulness. We had already ordered pizza while on our way home, so we put the shepherd’s pie and rolls in the freezer and enjoyed them later in the week.
5. Flowers. For a few days this week, I had four containers of flowers on the counter! I should have taken a picture of them all together. The roses my husband gave for for Valentine’s Day were still there until recently, plus a plant of mini pink roses Jason and Mittu had given me for Valentine’s Day. Then we had the roses they brought for the house closing. And our realtor had given us an arrangement along with a card and gift card to a restaurant at the closing. I especially love having something pretty and growing inside when the landscape is barren.
Bonus: Cancer free eight years. My husband had surgery to remove a cancerous kidney eight years ago on my daughter-in-law’s birthday. Thankfully he has remained cancer-free. Kidney cancer isn’t likely to spread, but it can, so we don’t take being cancer-free lightly.
That’s our week. How was yours?
Sounds like a good week with lots of nice family time. So glad you are celebrating 8-years cancer free for your husband! That is so great. Have a nice weekend!
Happy birthday to your daughter-in-law! Having family close by is such a blessing. I love having flowers around too, especially in the wintertime. Usually, by this time of year, there are little snow flowers blooming. This year, we have snow cover. I sometimes get stuck in the doldrums in February. Such good news about your husband! He is on a great streak.
Happy birthday on Jim being cancer-free for 8 years! My brother-in-law had a cancerous kidney removed at least 15 years ago, and thank God he has been fine ever since too.
You are so lucky having such a kind and attentive DIL ! Mine is very distant and and cold ! Not once she has asked how her father in law is or offering help. We never hear from her and she never comes with our son and grandson except for birthdays, Christmas and Easter. I have tried really hard to have a good relationship with her, but that must be in her character. But she never refuses or says anything bad about us to our grandson. She likes when he is with me. Strange person ! Her parents are the same ! No news nothing except a christmas email.
Congratulations on good health for your hubby and on closing the sale of the house. Must be a relief. Your DIL sounds a very thoughtful person. I have good DILs too. Enjoy your weekend.
That cancer free milestone is certainly one to celebrate!
All those flowers! Lovely!
Mittu is definitely a wonderful daughter in law–always so thoughtful. Happy Birthday to her!
Oh you have had a good week. I have not. My brother (68) handsome, smart and kind, died of covid this week. I am thankful that he leaves behind a testimony of being faithful to God, church and his family. Maybe next week will be a peaceful one.
I’m so sorry to hear your brother died. I pray for God’s comfort for you.
Praise the Lord for your husband being cancer free!! God is so good!!
Happy birthday to your pretty and generous daughter in law. That was so sweet of her to bring over a meal and flowers!
Congrats on your closing and what a thoughtful real estate agent!!
Enjoy a relaxing weekend.
Oooh, a new cake recipe! I have used oat flour before and like it in a lot of GF experiments. So good to see all that love between you all.
Cancer-free is certainly worth celebrating. May God grant many more cancer-free years!
Eight years cancer free…that is truly something to celebrate, Praise God! And happy birthday to Mittu! Wow, what is the secret to your roses lasting? I’m lucky if I keep mine alive to the next day.