It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s hard to believe we only have a week left in October. I enjoy these pauses every week to stop and reflect. They help time not to pass by in such a blur that we miss seeing God’s hand. Here are a few favorites from my week:
1. Feeling better. After being sick all week, I had a great Saturday. Then I had a horrible Sunday with head and body aches. I’m much better now. Jim still has a lingering cough from last week that’s plaguing him, but otherwise feels better.
2. Fall decorations. We finally had a day when we both felt like dealing with them–Jim getting the boxes up and down from the attic for me, and me placing them.
3. Sunday dinner with Jesse. I mentioned last week that we felt a little isolated, because we were trying not to share whatever illness we had. It felt almost like the beginning of the pandemic. Jesse asked to come over for dinner and a haircut, and since had been, was still a little sick, we felt it was okay to be together. It felt good to see him in person.
4. A cute new purse. I had not been able to find anything at my usual stores for months, so I looked on Amazon. This is a smidgen smaller than I usually have, but I think it will work okay.
5. Multi-tasking. A writer’s group I considered but decided not to join will still send me free videos sometimes. This week they had a series each weekday, but they were only accessible that week day–unless I wanted to pay $67 for lifetime access! No, thank you. When I wasn’t feeling well at the beginning of the week, I gave myself permission to just sit and listen. But I was too antsy to do that later in the week, so transferred stuff from my old purse to my new one and cleaned out files and old catalogs while I listened.
Bonus: an opportunity. Since some of you are only here for FFF, I wanted to mention something I shared earlier: I was invited to a radio interview next week, October 26, at 8:10 a.m. EDT. More information is here. It’s both exciting and nerve-wracking! I’d appreciate your prayers.
Hope you’ve had a great week!
Glad to hear that you’ve recovered, Barbara! The new purse is so cute. One of my favorite things is having a new purse to organize and carry with me. Best of luck with the radio program! It will be during my work hours, so I hope you get your 15-minute segment on the website, I’d love to listen.
so happy to hear you are feeling better. I had some kind of throat, body ache, headache thing too this past week and today was the first day I actually felt great! I will pray for you on the morning of the 26th. If you post a link i’d love to listen to it when i get home from work.
YAY for sunday dinner with your boy.
That’s a cute purse. I almost always check amazon now when i can’t find something in my regular local stores.
I’m happy to read that you and Jim (and Jesse) are feeling better. Even having dinner together is a happy and encouraging thing.
Exciting to know you will be interviewed next week! I’ll be traveling–maybe I can listen later?
Happy weekend to you!
Sorry that you have been sick but fortunately not the Covid ! I haven’t done any decoration, when we moved I gave it all away I thougtht I would never want to decorate anymore but now I changed my mind and think I’ll do a little bit ! We get our 3rd vaccin ! Mr. G has gotten it in his retirement home and all went well !
How exciting about the radio interview. I hope everything went well! Glad to hear you and Jim are on the mend. Very cute purse. I love the pattern in it.
That blur, it is real!
Glad you are on the mend, albeit slowly. You and roomie were on the same page with the fall decorations. (I’m a zero for decorations) Hope that interview went well yesterday!