Here we are at the first Friday of June already. It’s time to slow down for a moment with Susanne and friends at Living to Tell the Story. to think about the good things of the week before they are gone forever. Please feel free to join in!
1. Memorial Day. I am thankful beyond words for those who gave their lives in the defense of our country. It has become something of a tradition for me to watch the National Memorial Day Concert on PBS the Sunday evening before. They always have a few actors retelling the stories of a few veterans, and they are so moving.
2. A long weekend. All the family was off Monday, and Jim took off the previous Thursday and Friday as well.
3. A clean patio. Jim spent part of the weekend readying our patio for summer–pressure-washing the concrete, cleaning the patio furniture, etc. It all looked so nice.
4. Cookout with the family. Jim grilled burgers and everyone contributed something else to our meal. Timothy played with a water table we’ve had since he was a toddler. I wish I had thought to take a picture for a then-and-now comparison. We played games after the meal. A nice evening and a good kickoff for summer.
5. Ad free apps. I play a few games on my iPad mini while eating lunch and then again in the evening while watching TV. I usually get the free versions, which include ads. I understand the need for ads or fees. But sometimes the ads were SO annoying. Words with Friends was the worst—very long ads that would then hang up somehow so I’d have to force close and then restart the app. But the ad-free version was $9.99–way too much, in my opinion. One day I remembered I had a gift card for Apple from someone in the family. I hadn’t been sure what to use it for, but suddenly it occurred to me I could use it to go ad-free for some of my apps. It has made such a difference! Truly a gift.
What’s something good from your week?