Here we are at the last Friday of June already. It’s good to slow down for a moment with Susanne and friends at Living to Tell the Story to think about the blessings of the week before their memory is gone forever. Please feel free to join in!
1. Father’s Day. We enjoyed remembering our fathers and honoring my husband and son. I am so thankful for my husband’s showing his love and care and faithfulness every day.
We got to FaceTime with Jeremy (He’s in the picture, on the phone. 🙂 ).
Jason offered to grill burgers, so the rest of us made various sides. I made a Boston Cream Pie and Mittu made Maple Bacon Cupcakes—so good!
2. A fixed washer. Our washer’s spin cycle was so slow, it left clothes soppy. Jim ordered a part and got it working again just before I thought we might need to borrow my son and daughter-in-law’s washer. I’m sure they wouldn’t have minded, but I am glad not to have to haul laundry to their house. The washer is on its last legs, but I am glad it’s hanging in there for a while longer.
3. Consolidated errands. If I am out much of the morning, I like to be home in the afternoon, and vice versa. I ended up being out for both on Wednesday, but it was good to get my errands done all on one day so I could spend the rest of the week at home. Plus Jim acquiesced to my request for Subway sandwiches for dinner, so I had a break for the late afternoon and evening.
4. Getting past summer solstice. I do like having more daylight in the summertime. The lack of light is one of the things I least like about winter. But when the days are longest, it doesn’t feel like there is enough wind-down time in the evenings. It’s nice knowing we’re past the longest day of the year.
5. Getting a haircut has been on my agenda for a couple of weeks, and I finally made it out this week.
Bonus: I mentioned a potential shake-up last week. But it looks like everything will remain the same for now.
Happy Friday! Have you been blessed this week?