We’re halfway through 2022! And we’re starting a new month. Time goes by so quickly, it’s nice to pause for a moment and recollect the best parts of the week with Susanne and friends at Living to Tell the Story.
1. A “routine” cardiologist’s visit. I almost could’ve phoned it in except for their need to listen to my heart. Hopefully, if my heart behaves itself, after my next visit I can see them once a year instead of every six months.
2. A nice gesture. I had to eat lunch early before my appointment, so I got a little hungry while out running errands afterward. I went through a drive-through for a snack and found out the person ahead of me paid for my order. I think that’s the first time that has ever happened to me.
3. Lunch with Melanie. It was fun to eat out, though we were sad to learn O’Charley’s doesn’t do Free Pie Wednesdays any more. (We got pie anyway, though. I had been looking forward to their chocolate pie for days!) It was even more fun to catch up in person.
4. A yucky job done. An investigation into why and where our refrigerator was rattling led my husband o pull it away from the wall and vacuum its coils and clean the floor underneath it. I think most of us would say that’s not a job we do often, so the dust and such really builds up. I am thankful he took care of it all.
5. No thunderstorms. My weather app forecasted thunderstorms a few days this week. Though we heard thunder a couple of times, we didn’t get any heavy storms. We did get some needed rain, but I am thankful it wasn’t heavy and didn’t happen while either of us was on the road.
I wish my Canadian friends a happy Canada Day and my fellow Americans a happy Independence Day Monday!
O’Charleys. Chicken Corn Chowder (used to love that stuff). Wish we had them here in TX. Have a great weekend ma’am.
I don’t think I have seen that on the menu. I usually get a club sandwich and loaded potato soup. And chocolate pie. 🙂
Have a blessed weekend! Happy July 4th!! 🙂
Thank you! Hope you had a happy 4th as well!
That chocolate pie was amazing! We had some rumbles last evening and a bit of rain. It was lovely. I had someone ahead of me pay for my order at a MacDonald’s once. A nice surprise.
Glad the cardio appointment went ok and how nice to get your lunch paid for. I can’t remember when I last pulled my fridge out lol. Have a good weekend.
Barbara, I am so glad to hear the good news regarding your appointment with the cardiologist. What a blessing! I’ve yet to experience someone ahead of me paying for my order, but it’s something that I definitely want to do for someone soon. It’s a lovely gesture. Lunch with Melanie…two of my favorite ladies together! Glad you had a good week, my friend.
Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦 & Independence Day 🇺🇲 to you too!
To you, too (belatedly)! 🙂
I guess I am weird because I like thunderstorms, even if I am driving or riding in a car.
What fun to have lunch with another FFF friend! I’m glad you and Melanie enjoyed your time together, especially with pie.
Happy July Fourth weekend to you!
My husband likes to watch lightning. Not me. 🙂
It sounds like a good week overall. It’s so nice that you get together with a blogging friend. I’ve had the opportunity to do that a couple of times, and it was so lovely. Happy Fourth to you and yours!
Wishing You a Happy 4th Barbara. What a treat to have lunch with Melanie.
Visiting today from FFF
Glad those heart appts are going well. It will be nice to be down to once a year. It’s fun when you pull up to a drive up window and find someone has paid for you. I’ve had it happen a few times and I’ve done it a couple times too. We had a doozy of a thunderstorm right after the Canada Day fireworks the other night. It’s like Mother Nature’s competitive side came out. LOL.
Like Willow, I love thunderstorms. Maybe it’s the California in us. Not only do we need the rain, but lightning “fixes” nitrogen, helping our plants absorb it better.
How fun to get your order paid for! And great news on a routine checkup.