I’m thankful we’re at the last Friday of July. I know we have several weeks before temperatures start cooling off, but each day brings us closer! We pause on Fridays with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to think over the past week and commemorate the blessings, large or small. Otherwise, we’d too easily overlook or forget them.
1. Lunch with a friend at Red Lobster. Great fellowship and wonderful food.
2. Gift cards from my family that I save up for lunches with friends.
3. A good haircut. I go to a walk-in place because it works better for me to go when I can rather than making an appointment. But even when the same person cuts my hair several times in a row, and even though I’ve had the same style for eons, the haircuts can vary. I was especially pleased with this one.
4. Good weather. Last weekend, my weather app showed potential thunderstorms every day this week. Thankfully, we’ve only had one, and it wasn’t bad.
5. Providence. My oldest son’s good friend went to the ER, and the doctor who “happened” to be there that day was an expert in the young man’s particular issues. It was a situation that could have gone undiagnosed and gotten much worse before anyone figured it out. Though the situation is quite serious, getting immediate help and treatment is a major blessing.
What’s one good thing from your week?
That is a wonderful “God thing” from your son’s friend’s ER visit! I love the idea of gift cards for gifts to use for lunches with friends. And now I’m hungry for RL’s cheddar biscuits 🙂 Good from my week was the end of summer piano. I love teaching, but it’s nice to have a little break too.
Glad your son’s friend got the right advice etc at the ER. Medical issues can be such a worry. Yes something as simple as a good haircut can make a world of difference to how we feel. Enjoy the weekend.
So glad your week went well. Sounds like God was at work in the life of your friend’s son. You remind me that I need to get my hair trimmed up soon – hopefully before I go back to school. Enjoy your weekend. See you again soon. P.S. I listened to part of your interview that you linked in your last post. Well done! I enjoyed hear your thoughts in your own voice. See you again soon!
oh praise the Lord that the doctor your young friend saw knew exactly what the issue is! That is really a TRUE blessing for sure.
Glad you have a cut you liie regarding your hair and it sounds like it was a great week of faves.
That is a great blessing that your son’s friend has been quickly diagnosed and is being cared for by expert doctors.
Isn’t it true that you never know how the haircut is going to turn out? Almost an adventure–but I am a bit picky about my hair cuts.
Connecting with friends is so important–over coffee or meals, either one.
Enjoy your weekend!
How kind of you to save your gift cards to use for lunches out with friends.
Isn’t it nice to have a haircut that turns out good? I go to the same lady every month and there are still some haircuts that I am more pleased with than others.
I’m so glad that the Lord placed that particular doctor at the ER exactly when your son’s friend needed him.
One of my blessings from the week? I made my first elderberry jelly and I think it turned out okay.
Wow. What #5 is phenomenal. Praise be to God.