Wow, this month is going by so fast. Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts this opportunity to pause and appreciate the good things of the week, lest they’re forgotten in the bur of passing time.
1. Grandparent’s Day was last Sunday. Jason and Mittu observed it by bringing over dinner and dessert as well as flowers for me and jerky for Jim. Timothy colored pictures for us both.
2. Not getting sick when I thought I was. I thought I was catching a cold one morning, but felt better that evening and the next day. It must have been allergies, but it was odd to suddenly have such a reaction when I have been taking Claritin every day for months. Jim saw a weather report that day showing a map of our whole state under an allergen cloud.
3. A customer service call that took care of a problem (actually a second call, but thankfully everything got straightened out). It’s nice to hear those words, “I can help you with that.”
4. The Tennessee State Fair. We haven’t gone to the fair since a year or two before the pandemic. It’s a bit of a sensory overload outside, but we enjoyed watching Timothy on some rides. Inside the main building we always enjoy the 4-H competition displays in various categories.
We had a couple of unexpected blessings, one in finding a parking space right next to a gate. There were no signs about paying for parking, so we parked close and free. Jesse rode with us, and as we walked to the gate, the attendant asked if we had tickets to the fair. No—we had planned on buying them at the gate. She said she had three that she had been given to hand out to family members, but none of hers wanted to come. So she gave them to us.
5. Delicious coolness. The afternoons are still warm, but the mornings and evenings have been pleasant harbingers of fall breezes to come.
What’s something good from your week?
My week was wonderful and today is starting out great. Last evening, I attended a women’s conference and was surprised to see one of my favorite singers performing. 🙂 Have a blessed weekend!
I saw that the fair was going on. I’m glad you got there. I used to love going to the county fair back in Florida and seeing all the exhibits. I’ll have to try to get to the state fair here next year. I’m glad you’re feeling better. I, too, am better and I’m so thankful. I’m glad that you were able to get your problem straightened out after only two calls! That’s amazing. LOL
I, too, love the words, “I can help you with that.” 🙂
Your trip to the fair sounds like a fun family day, and full of serendipity, too.
Allergies around here seem to be coming out late and with a vengeance. Perhaps it’s all the unusually warm weather that has even the plants and trees out of synch with the seasons.
Wow, sounds like a great day at the state fair — so many good things happening! I haven’t been to ours in a couple of years and I miss it. It’s not as exciting without the girls having anything there, but I still love the excitement of the event. Ours is in August, I’m guessing yours might be later due to it hopefully being a bit cooler?
And, you had a good question at my place about why the cemetery isn’t mowed but once a year. Barb might have said and I forgot … hmmmm …
Praise God for the free fair tickets! that’s a true blessing.
LOVE the warm days and cooler evenings. I just love August through mid-November.
I’m glad you’re not sick. Allergies are BAD this year. At my follow up visit on Wed my ENT said they saw SO many new to allergies people come in this year…..it was mainly because of the dry hot spring and summer we had this year and no rain to keep the pollen at bay. Mine were gone for 4 days straight and now the last 2 days they’re back again. She said it’s been an awful year for allergies. (tree and grass pollen particularly).
I hope you have a relaxing weekend.
Hello Barbara. That is so nice that you got free parking and admittance to the fair. So glad you had a nice time. So glad that you are feeling better and that you were remembered kindly on Grandparent’s Day. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!
It’s so nice that the weather is cooler. I agree with you. Cooler weather is a blessing. What allergens were hanging above you? Only two varieties here at the moment. My son sneezes all day.
I am back home from my wonderful “holidays” in east England. Now I miss the noise of the waves and the screams of the seagulls. I think I choose the right place I feel much better. How cute that you celebrated Grandparents day, have heard of it but was never celebrated !!
I love going to the fairs. In CA, because I volunteered at our weaving guild booth, we always got free tickets. That was so sweet of the attendant to offer hers to you.
I’m glad you are feeling better and didn’t get sick.
Have a good week!
How fun to have unexpected free tickets and free parking. Fairs can get so costly, that is a fun blessing. Sweet celebration of you as grandparents you received! Glad you didn’t get sick. Lots of allergy stuff going on right now in my area too!
A successful customer service call is a fave to be sure! I love that you have had some happy blessings this week in several quarters — family, outings, and not least, weather!