- We had a bit of drama this morning when Jim’s mom called about 7:30 a.m. saying her hearing aid was broken. He had left already, and I told her to get her old one in the meantime, but she couldn’t find it. I went over, and thankfully figured out that the tube had just come out of the earpiece and was able to easily get it back in. It’s working fine but I am afraid it might happen again when she tales it in and out. Jim said we could probably take it in to get the tube replaced — it’s just probably gotten a little too flexible with use. Then when I went to look for her old hearing aid, I couldn’t find it, either, and almost started to panic. Turns out she had it in — but without a battery. So I replaced the battery in it and showed her where the case was and left a note for the people who work there in case it happens again.
- Jesse’s home sick today with a pretty bad cold. I am hoping it doesn’t spread through the family.
- Jason and his girlfriend, Mittu, have this one last day before they start back to classes, but they both have papers due, so I expect it will be a pretty quiet day. I had thought about making Christmas cookies today — I have kind of gotten away from that the last few years. But between the work they need to do and Jesse’s cold, it might not be the best time.
- I was bummed that Toni and Dallas didn’t make it into the Amazing Race final 3. That was so sad! He’s going to be kicking himself about losing their money and passports for a long time, I’m afraid. The two guys have made so many mistakes I really felt it was their time to go. If they end up winning…I am going to be even more bummed.
- The next two weeks are really busy both with stuff to do and things to attend. Sat. night we have out adult Sunday School Christmas party, Sunday is church as usual, Monday is the ladies’ Christmas party, Tuesday is Jesse’s first basketball game, Wed. is prayer meeting as usual, Thursday is Jesse’s piano recital, then Friday is his second BB game. I’m not one who likes to “go and do” that much — I am getting tired just thinking about it! So, since there are so many things to attend next week, I am hoping to get a bunch of stiff done this week. All I really want to do right now is sit here and fiddle around on the computer! But I need to make a master list so I can best use my time this week.
- On to Blue Monday:
Smiling Sally hosts a Blue Monday in which we can post about anything blue — pretty, ugly, serious or funny — and then link up to other Blue Monday participants.
This is a Paula Vaughan cross stitch pattern: one of my sisters made it for me several years ago.
I paired it with a quote of Proverbs31:24-26 in calligraphy from Doorposts which I placed in a blue frame and a partially blue mat.
I thought they went well together not only because of the color but because of the reference to clothing in the verse and the dress in the cross stitch — letting our physical clothes remind us of the need to be clothed with strength and honor even in — especially in our homes.