Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psalm 100:3-4
Here are some of the many things I am thankful for:
1. God, Who made me, saved me, and keeps me.
2. A kind and loving husband.
3. My children, three sons and a daughter-in-law.
4. That we have a voice in our government and the ability to vote in America.
5. “For the beauty of the earth,” as the hymn says — beautiful fall colors, spring flowers, multicolored sunsets, and so much more. Even though the earth is marred by the fall of man, God’s creativity, intelligence, and love for beauty still shine through.
6. Extended family
7. The Bible
11. Veterans, freedom.
14. That I know Whom to thank. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17
15. That I can cool or warm my home at the touch of a button
21. The “peace that passes understanding.”
22. My mother-in-law’s new hearing aid
24. The family being all together again for the holiday.
25. The many blessings of Thanksgiving Day and its reminder to cultivate a thankful spirit.
27. Answered prayer — even when answer has been “No.”
29. Doctors, nurses, medicines, health care
30. Being able to be a homemaker since my children came along
31. Running water, indoor plumbing, hot water heaters (I’ve visited places with none of those luxuries!)
33. Art, crafts, hobbies
34. The ability to walk. I was without it for a few short months, and I think maybe that makes me appreciate it a little more.
35. Decaf Diet Pepsi and Mugs Root Beer
36. Pellet ice
37. That I’ll never run out of things to be thankful for, in major spiritual blessings and little everyday ones.