It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I may be jumping the gun a bit with the spring FFF graphic, but I’d rather see flowers than snow right now. Here are a few of my favorite things from the last week:
1. Visiting the Biltmore House and the Downton Abbey exhibit. I wrote more about it here. This was my daughter-in-law’s request for her birthday in lieu of presents.
2. Daffodils blooming, the first sign of spring around here! I’ve seen some robins in the yard as well.
3. New spring dish towels. I like dish towels that are pastel colors and fluffy rather than flat. It’s hard to find both features. I found these at Kroger. They are not as fluffy as I usually like, but they are really absorbent. The flat kind get soaked after just a couple of uses.
4. Ready-made sandwiches. I don’t have diabetes, but my blood sugar will drop in the mornings if I don’t have something substantial for breakfast. It’s not usually a problem in the afternoon. But one day this week while at a grocery store, I felt like my blood sugar was plummeting. I usually keep some cheese sandwich crackers on hand to tide me over if that happens, but I had eaten them while on our Biltmore trip. Thankfully the store had some sandwiches packaged and ready at their deli counter. I got one and ate half of it in the car and was fine. (Yes, my doctor has known about this for years and keeps an eye on it.)
5. Safety. All of us were on the road in some capacity this week, some several times. The weather and road conditions are iffy this time of year, but Thankfully we were all safe and had no trouble.
What’s a favorite thing from your week?
Glad to hear of your week of blessings. I saw your post on your tour of the Biltmore and enjoyed it so much. I remember when Melanie did a blog post or maybe it was pictures that she emailed me after she’d been there a year ago. The gardens are beautiful. Glad everyone was safe on the roads this week. Enjoy those daffodils! Mine haven’t bloomed yet but they are up about six inches and are currently covered by about four inches of snow. 🙂 We’ve seen robins here for probably the last month…which is quite early for here.
I will be checking out your post on the Biltmore later as I am rushing just now. I love the spring FFF icon and the towels. I think I know how you feel. Spring can’t come soon enough. We have some sun here in California USA right now but next week it is all rain. Anything to make it feel more sunny, like cute spring towels is always a boost. Praise God for blessing such as the sandwich and the safety on the road. God bless.
I will be checking out your post on the Biltmore later as I am rushing just now. I love the spring FFF icon and the towels. I think I know how you feel. Spring can’t come soon enough. We have some sun here in California USA right now but next week it is all rain. Anything to make it feel more sunny, like cute spring towels is always a boost. Praise God for blessing such as the sandwich and the safety on the road. God bless. (I always forget to login to my WP account before posting a comment so this may be a repeat because I am never sure I have actually posted the first time after logging in.)
I would have loved to see the Downtown exhibition too ! I saw the movie but it was not as good as the TV series, normal you can’t squeeze hours of TV in 1 1/2 h ! It’s only the second time that I move so it is new to me, because I moved from a little flat to our apartment when we married but as we had bought all new furniture I had nothing to pack a part from clothes and some kitchen tools. This time it will be horrible ! 45 years in a house ! Imagine the junk we have accumulated !
Oh, can’t wait for daffodils! They are my favorite.
I find it very difficult to find just the right kitchen towels. Microfiber are not absorbent!
Oh i just love those towels!! Perfect for spring and Easter!
I enjoy daffodils too although i didn’t replant any bulbs and last winter the bunny that lives under our deck dug them up!! Oh well. I may splurge and buy some. 😜
How fun to go to a Downton Abbey exhibit and to the Biltmore. I’ll have to check that out!
I like cotton towels ( flat) for display but i tend to want fluffy ones too for wiping hands. I use a dishwasher for most dishes so drying isn’t necessary and the few in the drain i just put away after they air dry. You’re making me want to get out some spring stuff although it still feels like winter here ( all snow is melted though here in most spots of eastern NY and where i hike in the mts just got another foot of snow!!!)
Happy weekend Barbara!
Hello again – great post of great things from your week. I really like those new dishtowels you got. So festive, springy and cute. I have the same problem with my blood sugar. Again no diabetes, but sometimes I have to eat right away – protein is usually best for those times. I love the Biltmore Downtown Abbey exhibit. No daffodils around here yet, but I suspect we will see some soon since it is quite warm for this time of year. Have a great weekend!
Cute dish towels and glad you had some fun time and safe travels. We have lots of daffodils out now. It’s felt like spring for a while but then on Thursday we had snow flurries!
I popped over and read your post on the Biltmore and enjoyed it so much. I went there years ago and I loved the library. How fun it would be to see the Downton Abbey exhibit. The book sounds interesting, too. I’ll have to see if I can get it through our library. I like to buy season dishtowels, too. The ones you found are very pretty.
Safety on the roads is always a fave. I’m glad everyone was ok.
My friend has raved about the Biltmore–I haven’t visited it. Your daughter in law made a great choice for her birthday.
Have a great weekend!
Those towels are super cute! I’m glad you were able to get some food when you needed it. Very handy to be where food is available when you experienced that blood sugar drop.
I have to visit your post about the Biltmore!
What cute dish towels. I like the fluffly ones too and they are practically impossible to find. Glad you were able to get some food so quickly for when your blood sugars went down. Good thing you can recognize the signs quickly and can do what you need to do. I am always so thankful for safe travels when any of the family is on the road!