Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details.
I’m also linking the first item to Kelli’s Show and Tell Friday. I know Kelli doesn’t want the Show and Tell combined with other memes, and I hope she’ll forgive me, but I just couldn’t see making a separate post, especially when I have another one and am thinking about one more already today.
1. Finally getting this done:
I bought this door decoration at an online shop (I am sorry to say I forget now which one) and showed it for a Show and Tell last September:
Then a few weeks ago Hobby Lobby had all their floral stems on sale, so I bought several stems. I just put them together this morning:
I can see I should have gone with the lavender hydrangea stems rather than the dark purple — I just loved the richness of the color when I bought them, but they get kind of lost against the dark door. I lightened the picture just so they’d show up. I am not entirely sure I am done fiddling with it, but so far I like it.
2. Talking to my future daughter-in-law. My son’s cell phone has about died, so his fiance called the home line last night, and I happened to answer the phone. I have missed her being able to come over on weekends (she has finished school and is back home for the semester), so I enjoyed chatting with her for a bit and hearing about wedding plans.
3. Jesse’s tip-off. Jesse got to do the initial tip-off for the last two basketball games, and he was excited. Melli asked earlier whether they won their last game that was to determine whether they’d be in the playoffs (thanks for asking!). No they didn’t, so I thought they were done, but evidently there is a tournament later this month they might be going to, so they’re still practicing. Jeremy videotaped parts of the last game since that was the only one Jim couldn’t attend due to work, so I may add video of the tip-off later on if I can.
4. Nice temperatures. Even though it is February and still winter, we have had some bright sunny days and springlike temperatures this past week. It’s chilly again this morning and I am sure we will have more winter-like weather before it is over, but I soak in those warmer (but not hot yet) days whenever I can.
5. Valentine’s day! OK, that is tomorrow and not from this last week, but it is one of my favorite holidays.
I’m going to add just a few more — it is hard to stop at five once you get started!! But I don’t want to make the post go on and on, either, so I’ll just list them: a good dentist’s visit with one filling I was concerned about being ok, a wonderful ladies’ meeting Monday night that I am still enjoying even days later, our cable coming back on after being out for six hours yesterday (and the fact that we even have cable! It’s one of those easily taken for granted things until it’s off for a while), and old movies — I just watched an old version of David Copperfield (the one with W. C. Fields as Micawber) recently and started watching A Tale of Two Cities — I taped it, so I will catch the rest tomorrow. Plus the fact that as Christians we don’t have to be superstitious about things like Friday the 13th!!
Have a great Valentine’s Day tomorrow!